GTS Security Operations Analyst, Global Cybersecurity, Global, London
An exciting position has opened in our GTS Global Cybersecurity Team.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
- Assists with conducting infrastructure security related activities including vulnerability management, server hardening compliance monitoring, annual security reviews, and implementation of security standards, best practices, guidance and procedures.
- Identifies security exposures that currently exist or may pose potential threats to Deloitte's networks or systems. Notifies leadership of potential or existing threats and assists in the development of risk mitigating strategies of assigned items.
- Identifies areas for improvement including systems integration, new technology and automation and works with colleagues to design and implement solutions.
- Monitors security blogs, articles, and reports and remains current on related laws, regulations, and industry standards to keep up to date on the latest security risks, threats, and technology trends, where relevant notifies leadership to incorporate information into processes, procedures, and audit preparedness activities.
- Assists with the operational management of the vulnerability management tool, configuring, operating, reporting and managing findings and providing support to other users of the system.
- Identifies task owners and negotiate dates for remediation to be complete; tracks progress on remediation of identified risks and vulnerabilities and provide appropriate reporting.
- Identifies non compliances to global standards, works with GTI and GDAS colleagues to remediate and implement treatment plans.
- Implements the requirements of Continual Service Improvement Plans that are assigned to the team to deliver.
- Monitor ServiceNow queues and ensure requests are handled within specified SLEs.
- Review change requests and provide cyber security related feedback
- Provide Cybersecurity SME support to GTS colleagues for issues relating to vulnerability management, compliance to security controls, Active Directory policy, privileged access, incidents and change management
Your work, your choice
- Create, develop and maintain strong relationships across GTS, understanding system administrator, developer and end user requirements.
- Form a strong relationship with the Security Shared Service teams to assist in the remediation of globally identified vulnerabilities and management of security within GTS managed environments.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You will be based at our London office, with an option of working from home one day a week.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
Your service line: Deloitte Global
- Bachelor's degree: degree in business administration, a technology-related field, or equivalent education-related experience
- Experience in engineering and operations in an information security context
- Proven track record and experience of developing and supporting security requirements across a broad spectrum of infrastructure and end user computing technologies
- Professional security management certification strongly desirable, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar credentials
- Member of IISP or have the qualification, skills and experience to become a member
- Relevant technical certification preferred (CISSP-ISSEP, CEH, CCNP Security, GSEC)
- Exceptional written and verbal English language communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, with ability to communicate technical information security topics, policies and standards as well as risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at various hierarchical levels
- Expert knowledge of key cybersecurity technologies such as network security tools (firewalls, intrusion detection system (IDS)/ intrusion protection system (IPS), content filtering, network access control (NAC), end-point protection (AV, EDR, MDM), data loss prevention, encryption, vulnerability management, and security information and event management (SIEM)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of information security legal and regulatory requirements, such as Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX),
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Payment Card Industry/Data Security Standard
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, COBIT, and NIST, including 800-53 and the Cybersecurity Framework
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office technologies
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and work independently
- Process-oriented mind set
- A demonstrable passion for the field of Information Security
- Ability to travel as needed (no more than 10%)
Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Deloitte Global professionals makes an impact that matters to the world of Deloitte. We share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAITEC
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 174885