Job title: Gas and Power Quantitative Analyst
Location: London, UK
Overview of the role
You will be responsible for producing short-term to medium term market forecasts across Europe and the US, with a focus on environmental markets.
The ideal candidate will have very strong technical skills, be self-motivated, competitive, and passionate about the energy transition.
- Build pricing, modelling, and aid in automating execution across the Power and Gas space.
- Build supply and demand balances and price models across Europe with a focus on European carbon markets and the relationships between power, gas & coal markets.
- Gather market intelligence and monitor international, regional and national policy and the changing impact of this on market balances.
- Develop an in-house view on compliance markets and frameworks to analyse price/demand relationships across sectors.
- Design, develop and continuously improve models and technical tools that support the portfolio managers.
- Be able to contribute to enable high quality, shared understanding of market opportunities, trends, and value potential.
- Streamline and enhance the product array and functionality of the Power desk, including management of asset optimisation and all facets included; forecasting, intraday trading, balancing, etc
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a top tier University with strong academic performance in a quantitative degree. We will also consider a BA or higher in Economics, Geology, Environmental Science if combined with strong technical skills
- Excellent computer programming skills is essential. Proven experience of model development using programming languages Python / C++
- Demonstrate a passion for energy markets, modelling and show a dynamic approach to learning. Continually expand upon your existing technical knowledge.
- Individuals that are self-motivated and can handle a large amount of responsibility.
- Individuals must exhibit strong communication skills, problem solving ability and be interested in pursuing a career in energy trading
Falcon Brook Dialogue
At Falcon Brook, we’re obsessed with creating a better executive search experience for our candidates and clients. All conversations are held confidentially, and your information is only forwarded to any of our clients, should you wish to proceed. To find out more information, please visit www.falconbrooksearch.com
Unfortunately, due to the high level of applications, we are not physically able to get back to every candidate that applies. Please follow our Falcon Brook LinkedIn page for regular job updates and we hope to support you in your search for a new challenge soon!