Global Client and Investment Reporting Manager
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
As part of Global Distribution, the manager is a leader in the Global Client & Investment Reporting Organization. The Global Client Investment Reporting (GCIR) Manager - Production is responsible for independently leading a team of Investment Reporting Specialists and Senior Investment Reporting Specialists in the production of client reporting and investment product reporting as it relates to daily operational oversight. A Production Manager provides coaching, leadership and direct management of 4-6 specialists who are expected to execute with precision and provide timely, relevant materials to clients, Global Distribution staff, and Investment staff. The Team Manager is accountable for and utilizes data to ensure business coverage is sufficient to meet timelines and quality expectations of the firm's largest and most sophisticated clients. Also, the Production Manager is accountable for ensuring adherence to global compliance protocol, escalation of global client issues, and execution of objectives supporting the business unit's strategic goals. Given the breadth of knowledge, the Manager - Production supports complex, large-scale initiatives and leads cross-functional taskforces while working in a consultative relationship with peers and managers across the organization and with clients as applicable. The incumbent supports the Lead Manager and is expected to independently make thoughtful decisions that will impact some of our most demanding clients, representing ~ 70% of the firms' assets under management.
The position partners with client facing teams and internal groups including, but not limited to, Investments Specialist Group, Portfolio Managers, Global Distribution sales and service managers, Global Client Operations managers, GBS technical managers and analysts, Global Distribution Client Engagement Managers, Compliance, Legal, and Internal Agency. Principal Responsibilities
- Workflow Management. Proactively develops, implements, and maintains optimal workflow to improve the efficient execution of client reporting packages for the firm's largest clients. Proactively influence supply chain managers to increase value to existing reports . Provides oversight of the quality review process to ensure adherence to report policies, procedures, client and vendor contracts, and to ensure regulatory compliance globally. When issues arise, uses judgement and understanding of the requirements to independently investigate and resolve data and production issues by assessing the impact, determining the appropriate resolution, and promptly communicating the resolution to all affected parties including external clients and Business Units. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the client and business unit needs by developing functional and technical requirements as appropriate. Acts as the authority in specialty roles to represent the department to other areas in the firm. (30%).
- Process Management. Independently reviews processes and works to close existing gaps within the current processes to improve accuracy, relevancy, and efficiency of the client reporting and service processes to minimize risk in an ever-increasing global regulatory environment. Analysis of requests and inventory to determine the downstream business and technology impact. Establish new workflow and ownership, document processes and implement workflow. Elevates new and modified service requests to Lead and Senior Manager for cost assessment and business planning. Client and process procedures to be maintained and reviewed periodically and stored within a centrally located repository. Metrics should be produced and utilized on a monthly basis to assess training needs / trends and efficiencies and determine if strategic direction should be adjusted. (10%).
- People Management. Independently provide direction and leadership on the day-to-day work of Specialists and Senior Specialists, which includes training and coaching, managing workload, setting priorities as business unit needs and data availability shifts and provides learning and growth opportunities in an increasingly complex regulatory environment. Monitors roles and project assignments within group to determine where restructuring is appropriate to support business and associate development. Delivers performance evaluations and assists in compensation. Responsible for recruiting, developing, and retaining high caliber associates while simultaneously building a diverse, high-performing team with a focus on timely and accurate output in a high-pressure production environment. Champions change while representing, developing, and tracking measurements before analyzing results and identifying trends to determine team's performance; utilizes this data to independently make strategic recommendations on global process improvement. (30%).
- Project Management. Regularly leads strategic cross-functional projects by defining objectives, aligning resources, and developing communication plans to senior management. Projects often involve multiple departments globally and directly correlate to increased client satisfaction through faster time to market or reduced costs through process improvement. Routinely participates as a subject matter expert in special taskforce groups and cross-functional projects designed to improve the overall reporting process. Propose and implements practical and efficient solutions, manages the expectations of key stakeholders involved through effective communications, implements solutions, and monitors for success. (10%).
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required:
- Relationship Management. Serve as a consultant to internal and external client queries and negotiates changes to existing reporting standards. Strategically partner with Senior Sales and Client Service Personnel. Acts as a subject matter expert by applying a full understanding of industry, product line, client strategy, branding and compliance knowledge while being an advocate for the client and the firm. Increase business knowledge by identifying and attending internal or external training and industry conferences. (20%).
- Investment Management Certificate (IMC) qualification
- Considerable experience of working in Client Reporting within an Asset Management firm
- Demonstrated leadership and development ability through previous managerial / supervisory experience
- Demonstrated project management skills, including managing cross-functional and/or cross-departmental projects, activities and stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Results-oriented, able to lead departmental initiatives
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make decisions within tight timeframes
- Strong organization, leadership, team building and motivation skills
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Effective written and oral communication and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree in a numerate subject (Business, Finance, Economics, etc.)
- Operational experience/background of performance, attribution, investment risk and technology platforms
- Strong research and problem-solving orientation with the ability to implement corrective action and new processes
- Strong commitment to high-quality and customer service
- Ability to think strategically and globally
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including negotiating with upper management
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.