Global Data Team Leader - Earnings & Estimates
You pride yourself on your ability to motivate, develop and recruit a high performing team around you. You think creatively and have the leadership potential to drive a team forward. You have a passion for technology and making impactful decisions to drive your product forward.
Global Data is looking for a highly motivated and driven Team Leader to oversee the Earnings Estimates Product. This position requires extensive communication across EMEA and around the world with, Content Providers, Sales, News, Tech Ops, Engineers & Business Managers. You will be expected to work closely with Bloomberg clients and perform managerial responsibilities including the development of Data products and process re-engineering by applying technology, vendor management, and business planning. Your role is key in ensuring consistency of standards and collaborating with others to oversee the delivery of accurate and timely financial data whilst continually seeking new ways to operate more efficiently. The Team
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Teams work to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial markets.
The Global Data Department collaborates with Sales, News, and Research and Development, while staying in tune with our client needs, contributing to the development of the Data Management products and fueling Bloomberg news stories with the data that we receive. We'll trust you to:
You need to have:
- Hire, coach and develop data analysts to safeguard a strong performing team
- Lead a team of subject matter experts focused on maintaining the Earnings Estimates database, and supporting BI and news with EE data queries
- Create processes and standards that make sure the quality and delivery of data, and the level-customer service exceeds expectations
- Leverage technology to optimize existing workflows, processes and resources to achieve department goals
- Maintain close ties with the EE teams globally to drive strategic initiatives
- Take responsibility for business planning, budgeting and management of small to large scale projects
We'd love you to have:
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Proven ability and experience leading others, developing people and managing performance
- Strong understanding of Equities related financial products
- Experience with leveraging components of the Global Data tech stack, such as BCOS, BBOT, BBDS, QSEN
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client facing skills and enthusiasm to represent the product both internally and externally
- Ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
- Comprehensive experience of building relationships
- In-depth understanding of merging technology and data processing methodologies, especially with respect to the application of big data
- Interest in creating/developing workflow tools and processes
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Creative and flexible approach to managing and problem solving
- Strong understanding of the Bloomberg Professional Service and financial products
- Prior experience of interacting with players within the financial industry
- Evidence of strong individual contribution as a Financial/Data Analyst
Does this sound like you?
- Knowledge or interest in information technology or statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python)
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening date: 3rd June 2019
Closing date: 1st July 2019
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits