Global Markets MIS Associate/ VP
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 19 sept. 17
The role reports to the head of Global Markets MIS for the EMEA region and will involve detailed analysis and reporting of revenues, expenses, headcount and resource usage to senior management in all areas of the firm. Typical tasks include creating and distributing daily and monthly revenue reports, business partnering for the budget and mid-year forecasting process, detailed understanding of monthly expenses, partnering and supporting business managers.
Primary Responsibilities & Key Objectives:
Revenue / Client Revenue Reporting
- Help ensure Daily, Weekly & Monthly reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner
- Liaise with Product Control and offshore MIS teams to ensure that commentary is accurate and meaningful.
- Production of ad-hoc reports and analysis
- Stakeholder management
Budgeting / Forecasting
- The Business MIS team are central to both these processes, providing both information and analysis to the Front Office.
- Finance are the 'gatekeepers' and are globally responsible for the accurate submission of these numbers.
- Involvement in the rolling forecast process, Mid Year Forecast process and annual budgeting exercises including helping to co-ordinate the regional process, working closely with business managers and providing analysis of information at different stages.
Month End Control & Reporting
- The Business MIS team are responsible for the month end revenue tracking
- Managing and co-ordinating the Front Office allocations process including periodic review
- Interrogating numbers (Revenue, Costs, Resources and Headcount) with a view to proactively advising the business on monthly performance verus budgets and prior periods.
- Working with Business Managers and Corporate CAOs to improve the understanding of key cost drivers and the corporate cost base attributed.
- Looking at ways to develop and enhance reporting to better meet the needs of changing business demand
- Continual review of processes and procedures with a view to streamlining or improving efficency to leave more time for value added analysis.
- Playing a key role in the review, approval and maintenance of the EMEA GM structure, assessing the impact of changes on reporting and understanding the broader requirements and imapcts on stakeholders.
- With this role there are numerous ad hoc tasks which can range from a quick request for numbers to more longer term projects and scenario modelling.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Accounting or Finance based degree or professional qualification
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills to actively interrogate and present data in a meaningfull format
- Have some MIS systems and process experience and understanding of the nature and importance of MIS to various stakeholders. Fixed Income and/or Equities product knowledge an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint knowledge. VBA and knowledge of Hyperion Essbase and other OLAP reporting tools will be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present confidently and credibly. Must have a strong ability to communicate in English.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Self - Starter, problem solver and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage workload in challenging and busy environment. Ability to prioritise and balance multi and often conflicting requests/timeframes.
- Demonstrate a keeness to learn about the Global Markets business and related products.