Global Markets New Business Prioritisation and Integration Trainee
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Société Générale - UK
- 20 juin 18 2018-06-20
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in Europe and has been serving the needs of its clients in the UK for more than 100 years through a range of businesses: corporate and investment banking to private banking, asset management, and securities services, as well as specialised financial services including vehicle and equipment finance.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department - Summary of the business, coverage, services
MARK/COO teams act as global and key partners for MARK business lines and activities to enable MARK to do what it does best – serve the needs of its clients in a secured way.
The team's aim is helping MARK's development and at the same timeplaying a pivotal role in coordinating with support and control functions in Finance, IT, Operations, Risks, Compliance and Legal preventing any operational risks.
Our team, MARK/COO/CIP, is responsible for helping all Business Lines to integrate new clients, by prioritising legal negotiations and KYC requests in a strategic manner. We are also responsible for resolving any escalated or ad-hoc issues arising during the on-boarding process.
Summary of the key purposes of the role - Summary of the key objectives and primary goals (minimum 3)
As business facilitator, our team is the trusted partner to all front office business lines and became ‘a go to'
team in case of any on-boarding conflicts with the clients.
Each member of the team is an expert and an escalation point for the business and therefore the team has a very pivotal and crucial function within Global Markets.
Summary of responsibilities - Minimum of 6 responsibilities to be identified
* Fully support our team in identifying Business Line priorities across Global Markets whilst considering the production teams capacity (OPER/KYC, RISK, SEGL/JUR) and other Business Units priorities (GLFI, SGSS).
* Helping to create efficiency and streamline our day to day processes.
* Meeting deadlines for projects assigned.
* Carrying out ad-hoc tasks to help the team when required.
* Provide coverage for the team members when they are out of the office.
Competencies - Define a minimum of 10 skills and technical knowledge that are essential for the Job holder to have
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong problem solving proficiency
· Thinking outside the box
· Result and solution orientated
· Positive, can do attitude
· Knowledge of and interest in financial markets and derivative products preferable
· Proficiency in C++ or VBA preferable
· Independent and confident
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
· Previous experience working in a large, fast paced organization would be advantageous but not essential.
BA, BS, MA or MS
* English native or fluent
* French (desirable, not essential)