Global Operating Platform – Yardi Voyager Design Authority
M&G Real Estate
We are not your average Real Estate firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Real Estate firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs. The Position
An opportunity has arisen to join an existing Operations Group in a Design Authority role within a global Real Estate fund management company. The role will initially involve helping to create, along with other teams, a strategic vision for the global application platform design landscape working closely with key business stakeholders and an existing business change programme, which is rolling out the Yardi Voyager platform globally across the UK, EMEA and APAC regions. The scope of this assignment is primarily focused on the design of the global Yardi Voyager platform.
You will be required to proactively support the global design strategy, engaging and supporting business stakeholders in identifying and making key design decisions, playing a key role in the successful implementation of the platform design and communicating platform changes where relevant. As the Yardi Voyager implementation moves forward, this role will continually shape the design landscape.
You will work closely with an existing Business Solutions team, change programme resources, regional operational teams, strategic global business partners and key software vendors. This role also involves liaison with other internal Group IT technical staff, project resources and Yardi consultants. Key to this role will be ensuring that the design approach for the Yardi Voyager UK, EMEA and APAC implementations is consistently integrated within a global context and the wider operational platform within a highly governed and structured environment.
You must have a strong background and experience within the Real Estate industry and a practical depth knowledge in working with complex design considerations and Real Estate systems (crucially including Yardi Voyager) and proven track record of roles in a fund management or property management environment, and recent experience of similar multi-jurisdiction design decision making is must have knowledge. Strong financial services/investment management knowledge is also required.
Previous team / line management experience would be beneficial although not essential as we are prepared to develop the right individual into this aspect of the role as necessary. Responsibilities
- Along with other teams, drive the strategic direction of RE global operating platform
- Ensure global operating model & system design and configuration consistency with a clear understanding of regional differences
- Custodian of global operating platform policies and standards
- Negotiating, documenting and custody of stakeholders duties, responsibilities and processes interfaces
- Responsible for global impact assessment for all changes
- Custodian of global system chart of accounts
- Establish data rules and principals to ensure data consistency and integrity
- Cross analyse custom report requests
- Control and oversight of new business process design to ensure alignment with system capabilities
- Actively trigger system efficiencies and improve system utilisation.
- Design and own high level model for capturing off-system data
- Undertake a review of the current operating model for managing the global system design, configuration, data rules and principals, custom report requests, new business process design and change management.
- Specifically for an expected highly challenging area of maintaining understanding of regional differences, assess operating model options for ensuring the consistency of design approach and execution.
- Ensuring production of consistently high quality business and technical documentation.
- Work within wider organisational/project plans, meeting business and project timescales within budget and to the agreed level of quality.
- Following a formal lifecycle approach in adherence to standards.
- Maintaining positive and effective relations with key business stakeholders and members of the wider Operations team.
- Strong background and experience within the Real Estate industry
- In depth knowledge of working with complex data and Real Estate systems (crucially including s)
- Proven track record in similar role in a fund management or property management environment, and recent experience of a similar multi jurisdiction data requirements
- Good understanding of real estate fund accounting at various levels (property, SPV, consolidation and fund reporting) in a fund structure.
- Strong financial services / investment management knowledge is also required
- Previous experience of large scale data and systems environments
- Experience of working within a structured business change and IT environment
- Confident, proactive and self-motivated individual, able to work on own initiative
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Able to work to tight timescales in a controlled manner
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.