Graduate Trainee Trader - London - 2019
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Mako Group
- 17 avr. 19
We’re looking for intelligent, driven & forward-thinking graduates to join our team as trainee traders. Mako is a London based options market making & sales advisory firm operating in the Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities & FX derivatives markets with offices across the globe. Mako's history has followed options market making from open outcry in the trading pits of London, Amsterdam and North America through to screen based trading and, more recently, the current trend towards automation, latency sensitive execution and algorithmic strategies. Underpinning Mako's success in this journey is our expertise in managing risk and our entrepreneurial and collaborative culture.
GRADUATE TRAINEE TRADER PROGRAMME
A Unique Programme for Aspiring Traders
Mako’s Graduate Trainee Trader Programme is an immersive and structured programme which gives a unique opportunity for graduates to develop in-depth knowledge and experience of the industry and options markets. Its content provides an educational base for potential Mako traders and operational staff. The programme runs for a 18 month period and not only covers the markets in which Mako operates, but also fundamental option theories as well as operational and risk processes.
This programme offers an exceptional opportunity to work with highly experienced traders to get hands on knowledge and to understand the options industry in greater depth.
Work in a Fast Paced Real-Time Trading Environment
From the outset, graduate trainees are introduced to our fast paced and dynamic trading environment and are assigned stimulating and interactive projects to build upon their knowledge and understanding. Mako’s in-house programme is one of a kind and prepares graduates for a career at Mako by allowing immediate exposure to all aspects of our market-making business.
Learn From Highly Experienced Traders
As a trainee you will be working closely with our senior traders, giving you the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced in the business. In addition, trainees participate in classes covering a rigorous syllabus of options theory and attend regular mock floor-trading sessions in a collaborative and unique environment.
Rotate Across a Wide Range of Product Areas
Graduate trainees rotate across different desks giving the added benefit of exposure across the markets in which the market making team operates. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain an understanding across a wide range of products.
Trainees have the opportunity to add value from the outset. Mako's structure encourages a culture of exploration, challenge and learning. Trainees work on various projects throughout their rotations and have access to a wealth of knowledge across the business. This is the ideal environment for sharing knowledge and generating ideas to drive our business forward.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a small team with other more senior traders with extensive experience in the market.
- Understand how the different businesses and markets operate by rotating around various trading desks.
- Innovation is key to our business, so you’ll be helping improve how the desk runs whether it be through new trade ideas or working on the automated side.
- Your main responsibility will be to learn how to trade through a mixture of on-the-job training and development, mock trading sessions and lessons in option theory and risk management.
What we need from you:
- The ability to work under high pressure, react quickly to changing circumstances and make effective decisions.
- A keen sense for risk and value and an ability to demonstrate a competitive edge. Mako is a very collegiate environment, but the market is not!
- Programming experience is recommended but not essential, with familiarity with Python or VBA especially.
- An upper second class degree in an analytical subject
- Options theory is not required but is desirable.
What we give back:
- Responsibility from day one, and the chance to be actively trading within a year
- A fast-paced working environment, with a dress-down corporate culture.
- Private health and dental insurance, and a generous pension scheme.
- Free access to our work gym
- Competitive salary and bonus structure.
We’ll be running an assessment centre in April. Please be advised that applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and so early application is encouraged. CVs without clear degree and A-level (or equivalent) grades will not be considered.
Please click on the following link to apply