Group Financial Accountant
- £62,000 Base Salary + 10% Completion Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Phoenix Group
- 07 sept. 17
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of being a key figure in a team of technical experts, responsible for delivering high quality and timely financial statutory and Solvency II reporting for the Phoenix Group. Phoenix Group is the UK’s largest specialist consolidator of Closed Life Assurance funds. A member of the FTSE 250 Index, with a premium listing on the LSE and one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’ for the last 6 consecutive years, we have 6.1 million policyholders and assets under management of £75 billion, including the recently acquired Abbey Life and AXA Wealth businesses.
Circa £62,000 Base Salary + 10% Completion Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
Based City of London, St Paul’s EC4M 8BU
9 Months Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
Reporting to the Group Reporting and Consolidation Manager there will be a focus on the following:
- To contribute to the production of high quality, timely and consistent financial information for the Group, to include IFRS financial statements, Solvency II Pillar 1 results and Pillar 3 reporting
- To prepare and upload consolidation journals, by completing working files and reconciliations as support, in order to complete the consolidation of the Group for statutory reporting using Cognos Controller
- Support the delivery of Group Finance project tasks including those arising from corporate activity as necessary
- Development and maintenance of Cognos Controller, CDM, Tagetik and other systems throughout the business, constantly seeking ways to improve process efficiency and build an appreciation and understanding of various tools/systems around the business that can assist in improving processes
Ideally, we’re looking for a recent, fully qualified accountant, from a financial services background, who can demonstrate:
- Strong technical accounting knowledge needed to actively engage in providing assistance to the immediate team to assist in the timely resolution of Financial Reporting issues. Evidence of involvement in implementing new reporting standards/frameworks in a Group-wide context is desirable but not essential.
- Evidence of a strong understanding of a financial reporting and consolidation under IFRS is essential. Exposure to the Life Assurance sector and Solvency II reporting is preferable but not essential. Good exposure and comprehension of a variety of financial products and broad understanding of the business issues facing financial services providers is desirable.
- Experience working at the Group level, comprehension of financial IT systems and exposure to appropriate control frameworks.
In return, you can look forward to a great package, excellent conditions, and a superb working environment, plus the chance to make your mark in a rapidly developing FTSE listed company.