Group Financial Accountant
GROUP ACCOUNTANT - GLOBAL BRAND Group Financial Accountant Job
Global aviation business based in West London is looking to recruit a Group Financial Accountant to join their central Finance team.
With the opportunity for extension on the initial 3 month contract, this Group Financial Accountant role also provides the scope to liaise with the senior leadership team and senior management teams across the business.
Key responsibilities for this Financial Accountant role;
- Support the financial accounting team during a new consolidation system implementation.
- Timely and accurate delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Proactively manage responsible for relationships with the outsourced accounting functions.
- Ensure that accounting treatments comply with the internal accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Work with the internal and external auditors.
- Provide adhoc advice to Finance Business Partner teams on any issues regarding asset accounting, financial close and the detail of statutory accounting.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement via automation and standardisation and manage their implementation.
- Support the Accounting Manager by performing technical research, analysis and drafting technical papers where appropriate on technical accounting issues.
- Prepare and review FRS 101 and FRS 102 statutory accounts for the Groups subsidiaries.
To be successful in your application for this role it is beneficial to have;
- Qualified Accountants (ACA/CA/ACCA) with knowledge of EU & UK IFRS and UK GAAP
- Ideally qualified in the Big 4/Top 20 practice or a growing international business, and have gone on to gain solid consolidation experience
- IFRS and FRS 101 experience highly desirable
- Strong analytical, report writing and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.