Group Stress Testing Execution Manager (Retail Banking)
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- HSBC Bank plc
- 17 oct. 17 2017-10-17
We are looking for an experienced Stress Testing Execution Manager. This is a key role supporting the delivery of the Firm-wide Stress Tests for HBSC, focusing on Retail risk. You will be responsible for assisting with the 'Run the Bank' (RTB) stress testing agenda across HSBC Group's retail banking portfolio (Loan Receivables of approximately $400 BN). Responsibilities include the efficient execution of several high-profile regulatory (PRA / EBA) enterprise wide stress tests across Group Retail Risk. This will require co-ordination and management of multiple work streams across relevant Risk & Finance teams on scenario data enrichment, engagement with business lines, design and production of MI and FDSF output. Evaluate and challenge regional and country stress test results to ensure a quality output.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Ensure stress testing is processed on a responsive and consistent basis
- Ensure the timely delivery of annual Regulatory Stress Tests
- Critically assess vendor provided macro-economic stress scenarios
- Ensure appropriateness, robustness and completeness of the quantification framework for the PRA / EBA / Country Regulator required stress tests.
- Maintain oversight of the stress testing schedules across multiple entities. Underpin the Country / Regional teams with consistent approaches using internal validation and controls processes, consistent templates, systems and methodology.
- Operate an effective review and challenge process to ensure the data is fit for purpose with strong focus on governance, best in class quality combined with the need to work tight deadlines
- Provide oversight role on the quarterly FDSF actuals submissions to the Regulators
Customers / Stakeholders
- Build trusting partnerships with Project sponsors, Group Risk Types, Group Finance, Group Risk Strategy, Regional and Country Retail Banking Risk function and the Stress Testing PMO
- Engage with Regional Risk leadership to understand and manage key local challenges in translating and delivering Group structures, strategy, and solutions
- Effectively understand and manage Sponsor and Stakeholder expectations, implementing change while minimising conflicts and communicating achievements and performance against targets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Develop and lead a commitment to high performance standards in the area of Stress Testing, so that regional teams are driven to help to develop and deploy best-in-class common solutions across the banks retail risk management organisation, with a sense of urgency to close the most significant gaps quickly
- Collaborate with other Group functions, Regional teams to ensure effective working relationships which deploy solutions to a prioritised set of markets
- Build a culture of review and change across the organisation with the active support and buy-in of key stakeholders in supporting the delivery of Group Strategy
- Ability to critique regional decisions, practices and capabilities while maintaining a strong working relationship with the teams involved
- Structured approach and flexibility to work across multiple disciplines is essential
- Effective management of time to work across multiple disciplines, timezones, etc
- Sensitivity to Cultural diversity and ability to dynamically adapt interpersonal style to build effective relationships
- Capacity to articulate the case and urgency for change, to move the culture from a "sharing of best practices" to one of having fit for purpose minimum standards
- Need to build end to end understanding of Stress Testing (impact on all Risk Types / Asset & Liability Management and across multiple P&L and Balance Sheet quantities), with expertise along multiple vectors.
- Excellent understanding of project management, financial acumen and wide knowledge of modelling, analytic solutions and approaches, collections systems, processes and strategies
- Driving towards results and managing multiple priorities
- The jobholder works as part of a small team of people in Group Retail Risk and has high level of flexibility to consult with Senior Management (especially with RBWM, Risk and Finance) at Group and Regional level. The jobholder will need to have the ability to work alongside and garner the support of management and staff at all levels and across Group, Regional and Specialist teams across the Group and dependent upon the focus of the initiative.
- Excellent knowledge of Retail Banking and Stress Testing in Retail Risk
- Strong conceptual skills (business models, organizational design)
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills (business performance, market & competitive dynamics)
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of Retail lending portfolios and the organisation, policy and reporting that is used to manage such portfolios. Exposure to portfolios outside of a single country is preferable.
- Prior experience working with stress testing related Regulator submissions is desired
- Diverse background across multiple products and areas, with track record of leading and managing change, problem solving and solution design
- Demonstrated flexibility across multiple domains and functional areas