Head, ERMF and Risk Type Frameworks management
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 16 nov. 17 2017-11-16
Please view Job Description for details.
Lead the ERMF and Risk Type Frameworks team to ensure that clear standards are in place and these are adhered to for the Risk Type Frameworks across all the Principal risks.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
ERMF and Risk Type Frameworks (RTFs)
- Develop and maintain ERMF and associated standards (Framework and Policy governance standards - FPGS, country ERMF standards)
- Ensure that the ERMF and RTFs are subject to annual reviews
- Develop, rollout and maintain ERMF training
- Review and challenge RTFs prepared by the Risk Framework Owners and recommend to the GCRO for approval
- Ensure that RTFs are consistent and integrated, and maintained as living documents for change in circumstances reviewed on a quarterly basis
- Develop and maintain risk governance tool for RTFs, policies and standards
- Develop and maintain an approach for SCB rule book comprises of ERMF, RTFs and Policies
- Operational risk oversight of processes owned by the ERMF and RTFs management team
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of team's processes
People and Talent
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people
- Define an organisation structure aligned and scaled to the risk control needs of the Group
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Uphold and reinforce the independence of the ERMF and RTFs Management team from those whose primary responsibility is to maximise short-term revenues and profits
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of the ERMF and RTFs Management staff, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values within the ERMF and RTFs Management team and across the wider organisation
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the ERMF and RTFs Management team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Risk Type Frameworks: Review, challenge and recommend RTFs for the principal risk types - credit, market, country, capital and liquidity, financial crime compliance, compliance, conduct, information and cyber security, operational, reputational risk to assess compliance to Framework and Policy Governance standards, and fulfilment of the responsibilities of a Risk Framework Owner.
- Maintain RTFs inventory and effective mechanisms to monitor compliance to Framework and Policy Governance standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- Members of Risk & Compliance Function Management Team
- Head, Internal Audit - Functions
- Risk Framework Owners, Policy Owners and Global Process Owners
- Group OR, Group COO and other business COOs
- Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and other key regulators
- The Group's external auditors
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 24/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.