Head of Commercial Finance
Our Finance team is growing and we're looking for a detailed, collaborative Head of Commercial Finance to join the team. This team partners with different product and operations teams at Monzo to bring more financial insight to business choices. This team manages the product P&Ls and partners with financial specialists in treasury, tax and others to ensure the business understands and accounts for relevant financial impacts of their activities. From where to invest, understanding business performance and making choices on growth, this team will partner at many different levels at Monzo.
You will drive our major revenue and cost initiatives by designing analytical and financial frameworks to optimize decision-making, and providing our management team, Board, and employees with insights about our performance. You're comfortable with both digging into details and thinking about the big picture. How you'll contribute:
You should apply if you:
- Leverage your financial expertise to drive commercial performance through accurate insights and advice.
- Align closely with central FP&A to design, maintain and evolve key financial models for your Collective, including owning the financial planning and forecasting cycles and setting KPI targets
- Assess revenue opportunity and investment costs for new products, or opportunities to scale cost base
- Use live dashboards and KPI reports to keep the senior stakeholders updated on performance in real time
- Support outcomes across the organisation with ad-hoc analysis (e.g. customer modelling, cost optimization)
- Sync with all Finance areas to ensure you have a rounded understanding of the financial impacts across the business
- Have a few years of experience in strategic finance or operations teams or as a management consultant
- Have experience building strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the business
- Can demonstrate experience of driving commercial performance of a business
- Have a strong foundation in finance: forecasting, P&L management, analysis and strategic decision making.
- Love to build businesses cases, present and debate investment choices and thoughtfully advise senior stakeholders across the business
- Are biased to change and to solving real business problems
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a video interview with the hiring manager, and a couple of on-site or video interviews.
We offer a competitive salary plus other benefits .
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us at Monzo - if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent in the world, and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life harmony.