Head of Data Risk
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Investors had lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever. What will you be doing?
- Work closely with the key stakeholders (Data, Operational Risk, Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, and Operations) to develop and implement Funding Circle's data risk management framework and related policies and standards.
- Develop and implement data risk governance structures including roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure data risks are well understood and integrated as part of FC's enterprise risk management framework - inclusive of data risk identification, assessment, remediation (as appropriated), monitoring (data risk appetite and data risk metrics) and reporting.
- Ensure that data incidents are reported and escalated including documenting the root cause and any lessons learnt.
- Provide risk reporting to management and the applicable risk committees.
- Support the business and key stakeholders in embedding an effective data risk management culture, keeping abreast of data regulation and industry best practices.
Why should you join us?
- Experienced; This is an experienced role where you will have earned your stripes in Risk & Controls, as well as data risk management in the financial services industry.
- Extensive knowledge of data management from both process, technology and regulatory perspective.
- Excellent skills in data risk assessment and analysis, identifying trends and signs of changing risk levels.
- Ability to form close working relationships and influence senior stakeholders.
- Experience interfacing with banking/financial services industry regulators.
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.