Head of Enterprise Risk EMEA
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Working as part of a global Enterprise Risk Management team, the PIMCO Europe Limited ("PEL") ERO will have primary responsibility for the ongoing development and oversight of the risk management program for the FCA regulated PEL entity. PIMCO operates a distributed risk management model with the ERO responsible for the design of the risk management program, guiding senior management and the Board on the management of risks, whilst leveraging support from the broader organization in the operation of the risk management program.
With enterprise risk spanning all aspects of the business, this role provides a unique opportunity to interact with key stakeholders across the firm and to learn about PIMCO's products, services and processes. We are looking for a thought partner and team player who will support the development and operation of the risk management program and who will be effective in engaging with the business, providing structure and challenge to the way in which it thinks about and manages its risks.
Key responsibilities of the role
• The design, implementation and maintenance of the enterprise risk management programme for PIMCO Europe Ltd. (PEL), in accordance with global standards and general best practice.
• Providing reporting on matters of importance related to enterprise risk to the PIMCO Europe Ltd leadership team and the Board Risk Committee.
• Support and challenge the business in how it thinks about and monitors its risk profile and the adequacy and effectiveness of its enterprise risk management arrangements.
• Partner with first line and other second line function to facilitate the operation of the risk management framework, including top risk assessments, risk & control self-assessments, risk trends and issue management and select focused risk issue deep dives.
• Developing and maintaining a set of risk management tools and methodologies which the business can use to identify, assess, control, monitor and report on all of its risk exposures, including the identification and assessment of risk events.
• Facilitating ICAAP in collaboration with colleagues and PIMCO's finance function, whilst ensuring adequate and appropriate risk governance to support the process.
• Engaging with industry groups to understand and anticipate evolving operational risk management best practices. Position Requirements:
- Several years working experience in Risk Management, ideally with experience in ICAAP.
- Able to maintain good working relationships with internal stakeholders including Compliance, Finance, Operations, Desk Risk, Shareholder Services, Legal and the Account Management teams and external contacts.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability and experience in working with the Regulator.
- Additional languages are of interest but not essential.
- Degree level education.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office