Head of Finance - Start Up Private Equity Firm
- £90k + Bonus
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Maldon Partners
- 19 oct. 17 2017-10-19
Exciting opportunity to join a new Private Equity fund manager who are spinning out from a tier 1 investment bank. The business unit has an outstanding track record and retains management fees from previous funds so is fully financed and is looking for someone to lead their response to all the new finance challenges that they will face through this growth period.
Maldon Partners are currently recruiting on behalf of a newly formed Private Equity fund manager who have span out of a European tier 1 investment bank. The business retains a joint-venture agreement on their pre-existing funds so have the security of an ongoing management fee with the additional benefit of a great investment track record.
The role will be extremely broad with genuinely no two days the same - great opportunity for someone who wants to experience the mechanics of launching and running a fund manager at an early stage but in a derisked scenario.
This is an opportunity for a highly talented individual to join a dedicated group of investment professionals focusing on secondary private equity opportunities and co-investments.
The key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Creation and management of financial reporting systems
- Maintaining financial accounting records, including monthly and annual management accounts
- Preparation and monitoring of annual budgets
- Cash flow management and continual cost control and review ensuring robust policies in place
- Preparation of monthly Finance Board pack, including management accounts
- Oversee production of annual statutory accounts and management of the annual audit and tax processes
- Tax Compliance: Corporation tax (UK & US), VAT and payroll
- Support of any regular investor reporting
- Compliance and reporting to regulators (FCA, SEC)
- Assisting on ad hoc group financial projects as required.
Applicants will have experience in Private Equity, ideally with both fund control and corporate reporting experience. You should have a strong academic record ideally in possession of the chartered qualification (ACA). The client is keen to see candidates with a minimum of 5 years post qualified experience.