Head of Fund Finance
- Strong Base Salary + Excellent Bonus & Benefits
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- One Ten Associates
- 16 oct. 18
A unique opportunity to join a fast-growing Pan-European Real Estate Fund as they undergo the latest chapter in their success story. This is a fantastic chance for an experienced Fund Controller to make a step-up and essentially oversee the fund finance function of an innovative and forward-thinking Real Estate player.
The Fund Finance group are responsible for:
- all management and financial accounting and fund level performance reporting for their assigned funds working with a finance team in Luxembourg, the in-house student operating business, local finance teams and external accountants
- ensuring fund structures are set up in compliance with the relevant legal, taxation and transfer pricing advice and that they continue to be operated within that advice
- To manage all stakeholders: internal and external service providers (including but not limited to auditors, administrators and local external accountants) and provide financial support to the Asset managers and deal team.
- Ensure that all new transactions are onboarded in a controlled manner and that appropriate control, operational and reporting processes are established
- Oversight of key financial processes including but not limited to external audits and annual budgets.
The Head of Fund Financing is responsible for overseeing the team of Controllers who provide financial control and support for the student and property development fund platforms. These are currently located in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal and Ireland but is anticipated to expand further in the next 12-18 months.
This role will be responsible for working with the Deputy CFO for developing a team that meets the staffing, structural, reporting and control needs of an expanding business and tailoring that to meet individual investor needs.
- Oversight of timely and accurate preparation of consolidated quarterly investor financial reporting and any supplementary queries as well as ad hoc.
- Managing the relationship with the external auditors and ensuring that audit timetables are both achievable and in compliance with investor reporting timetables
- Ensuring that financial reports use appropriate GAAP, agreeing with the auditors any new GAAP presentation and providing IFRS guidance to local finance teams or external accountants
- Oversight of all key-deal documentation such as JVAs, AMAs and LPAs to ensure any financial related provisions are consistent, achievable and appropriate for the transaction concerned.
- Oversight of complex deal structures in conjunction with Fund Controllers, Deal teams, Tax and Luxembourg (or other administrators and accountants) to ensure that appropriate processes are in place to manage the structure in compliance with any legal or regulatory requirements, transfer pricing and other taxation advice and provisions of any deal documentation.
- Reviewing in conjunction with Fund Controllers key transactional processes such as drawdowns, distributions and funds flows
- Ensuring in conjunction with Fund Controllers and deal teams that appropriate controls and process are in place to onboard new transactions in a controlled manner and manage the structures on an ongoing basis
- Provide support to deal teams and other areas of the wider business for major transactional events such as deal disposal and refinancing
- Developing and maintaining KPIs to measure Fund Finance departmental performance
- Oversight of management information included in quarterly investor reporting to ensure appropriateness and consistency with financial reporting
- Work with Asset Managers, Fund Controllers and the finance team in Luxembourg to ensure that a rigorous budgeting process is in place for each of the fund platforms
- Oversight of all budgets for completeness and accuracy
- Day to day management of Fund Controllers responsible for the student and development platforms in London and other locations as appropriate. To include career development opportunities, ensuring appropriate training received and establishing hiring plans to account for growth and new locations
- Managing key relationships with other groups within the business in particular Luxembourg, Asset Management and Deal teams
- Managing key external relationships such as local accountants, administrators and fund managers
Other Ad Hoc Projects
- Working with Asset Managers to ensure fund models are complete and consistent with financial results and annual budgets or business plans
- Working with Deputy CFO on transformational projects such as Fund Finance system review, re-engineering quarterly reporting process and defining divisional responsibilities
Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to degree standard
- Qualified ACA/ACCA with at least 8 years post qualification experience
- Extensive real estate fund experience gained in either a fund management, private equity or real estate environment essential
- Advantageous to have experience of managing qualified controllers in multiple jurisdictions
- Highly preferential to have experience of development projects and student housing
- well balanced self-starter able to develop solutions to complex problems and implement them
- clear communicator able to interact with staff at all levels of the organization and able to present complex ideas clearly and concisely
- strong management skills – able to motivate and provide clear guidance to the team and with a strong regard to employee development and hiring strategies
- well organised and able to manage multiple task and prioritise issues to meet deadlines
- willing to undertake occasional travel