Head of Ratings Product Development - London/New York
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Fitch Ratings
- 10 déc. 18
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. The group comprises Fitch Ratings, a world-renowned credit rating agency; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; BMI Research, an independent provider of country risk, financial markets and industry analysis; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings is seeking an energetic and collaborative Head of Ratings Product Development for its credit ratings business.
Applicants should be excited by an opportunity to lead a team tasked with delivering new Ratings products that enhance or complement Fitch’s core credit rating analytics. The ideal candidate will have significant experience delivering new products or enhancements from conception to implementation within financial services.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the position will work closely with senior analytical, business and relationship management and operations staff. The successful candidate will be able to interact with our target market to gather and convert market feedback into business requirements; and manage the development of new or existing products across the ratings business to meet users’ evolving needs and expectations.
This will involve:
- Generating ideas;
- Prioritizing and testing concepts;
- Designing, developing, and implementing new products; and
- Planning product launches.
The role will be based in London or New York and will have a global remit. Experience within the credit rating, fixed income investment or banking risk management sectors is a major advantage.
- Build and then lead an agile product development team based in London and New York that can manage a portfolio of product ideas at various stages of the development lifecycle
- Identify Rating product gaps, in particular with respect to other rating agencies and more general credit risk management firms. Identify and prioritize enhancements regarding existing Rating products.
- Develop business plans to support new Rating product initiatives, including costs, benefits, risks; and key milestones and targets.
- Identify external partners to jointly develop products, with a particular emphasis on new technology and data providers.
- Coordinate external and internal stakeholders; manage expectations and hold contributors accountable for delivery.
- Simultaneously work on a number of product opportunities, ensuring the adoption of best practices, promoting consistency and delivering industry-leading quality.
- Develop a robust governance process to review and approve new Ratings products.
- Effective coordination with Fitch Solutions to ensure full exchange of information on product development, including potential products which may be a better fit for their product portfolio.
- Work closely with Marketing on product launches and promotion.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in product management/development.
- Proven experience of managing a product team that can execute through the development lifecycle, from requirements definition to launch.
- Exceptional project management skills: deadline-oriented with the ability to manage multiple work streams and priorities.
- Working knowledge of the debt capital markets and the role of credit ratings.
- Experience with fundamental financial and market data; particularly within a subscription-based business.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills to influence; engage; and inspire stakeholders.
- Innovative, with a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done.
- Close attention to detail, with a focus on high-quality outcomes.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp