Head of Residential Development
Octopus is a group of companies which invests in the people, ideas and industries that will help to change the world.
We believe that the companies serving two of our most important needs - our financial wellbeing and our planet's future - are failing. And we want that to change. We want everything we do, whether that's in financial services or energy supply, to have a positive impact on the people it touches.
In our financial services business, we care as much about the impact our investments have, as we do about the returns that we generate for our investors. We manage more than £9.1 billion* on behalf of retail and institutional investors, specialising in renewable energy, real estate, smaller company and venture capital investing.
Our energy supply business - Octopus Energy, is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. It has grown from start-up to more than 1.7 million customers over the last four years and is now the #1 rated UK energy supply business, and the only one to be recommended by Which? three years in a row.
Octopus Energy, Octopus Giving, Octopus Investments, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Ventures, Seccl Technology and Octopus Wealth are all part of Octopus Group. Visit www.octopusgroup.com Job Description
Octopus Real Estate is a specialist real estate investor with more than £2 billion under management across property lending and healthcare investment.
Our property lending team provides fast, bespoke financing across the residential, commercial and development sectors.
Our healthcare team is looking after the needs of an ageing population by investing in care homes and retirement communities. We aim to create exceptional healthcare facilities you'd choose for your loved ones.
We're looking to recruit a Head of Residential Development to lead an experienced and talented team, and be responsible for all our development lending.
- Developing and implementing Octopus Real Estate's residential development lending strategy, including expansion into new areas
- Working with the broader Octopus business, raising institutional funds for residential development lending
- Leadership of the teams managing each element of the business - sales/origination, credit and portfolio management
- Overall responsibility for, and management of, the residential development book (currently at £0.5 billion)
- Membership of the Octopus Real Estate Management Committee, reporting to the CEO
- Membership of the Octopus Real Estate Investment Committee.
To hit the ground running you will need the following exposure.
- Experience in a senior position in a Real Estate fund manager, alternative investor, non-bank or bank lender.
- Experience leading and motivating a high performing team.
- A deep understanding of credit processes and experience in portfolio management.
- Experience in the residential development lending sector, with a solid network of both broker and direct sources for origination.
- Experience in expanding development loan books and lending products.
- Ideally, experience raising institutional funds.
We will also need you to.
Additional Information Our Values and DNA
- Lead from the front and embody the Octopus values.
- Be comfortable with change, learning new skills and dealing with ambiguity.
- Have a customer focussed mindset.
- Be commercially focused.
- Drive for results.
- Be a strategic planner.
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strength:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for. We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold. We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we're always learning, adapting and improving We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best. What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.