A global business is looking for a Head of Tax to join their London office as a senior leader in the Global tax department participating in UK domestic and international tax planning and implementation, corporate structuring, business development, tax provision and effective tax rate analysis, and special projects addressing business and tax changes.
A global business is looking for a Head of Tax to join their London office as a senior leader in the global tax department.
This individual will have a high level of responsibility in the tax area to support and contribute to projects with the US tax department and initiate, lead and implement projects related to the company's international and UK domestic tax and to communicate analysis and recommendations effectively with Management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of the global strategic tax plan based on corporate goals and organisational needs
- Work with personnel in diverse departments to discuss and implement tax planning and develop tax-efficient structures and solutions consistent with relevant business objectives
- Coordinate with and manage outside advisors to ensure that their tax, valuation, and other services are timely and responsive to the Company's needs
- Lead portions of the international tax controversy and audit process, including responses to tax authority inquiries and settlements
- Prepare or review technical transactional summaries and memorandums in support of the tax provision and tax-related control requirements
- Improve processes and technology to generate continuous improvements and automation enhancements
- Monitor UK domestic and international tax legislation and advise tax management of its potential impact on the business and, if appropriate, integrate legislative developments in planning process
- Working with the UK Accounting team responsible for indirect tax and local tax compliance, facilitate and contribute to the tax compliance processes across our international group to ensure it is consistent with our global tax principles, assist as we develop and use the new systems, processes and tools to improve practices across international Tax and Accounting
- Good combined Big 4 firm tax experience and large corporate tax department experience with significant international responsibility (outside of UK).
- Experience in multinational tax issues (including transfer pricing) and all aspects of UK corporate tax.
- Extensive experience and technical knowledge of UK and international tax issues, transfer pricing and global reporting requirements and tax controversy
- Demonstrated strong project management experience including ability to independently prioritise and track complex, competing schedules; proactively anticipate and complete
- Displays excellent interpersonal verbal, written, and presentation skills in communication with external and internal stakeholders at all levels