Head of Tax Utility & Advisory
- Very Competitive
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Trevose Partners Limited
- 05 déc. 17 2017-12-05
Excellent opportunity to use your knowledge of withholding tax, stamp duty, transaction tax and CGT within the context of a major international Broker Dealer, supporting the Securities and Derivatives desks. Adding value to provide the operational streamlining of the operational tax department.
Our client is one of the most prestigious investment banks with well established franchises globally across wealth management, investment banking, corporate banking and global markets. Currently in the US and UK, they are looking to improve the robustness of the tax reporting processes in support of their cross-product global markets business.
In recent years as governments have globally reacted to the financial crisis and put a greater focus on tax revenue collection, there has been a marked increase in tax activity requiring the Operations teams to implement new processes and procedures to support this increased scrutiny. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to make a direct contribution in managing operational tax risk and in setting the standards for how firms will manage operational tax risk.
The Risk & Advisory team forms part of the broader International Tax group, dedicated to streamlining and enhancing the operational environment, focusing on UK, European and Asia operational taxes. The group is responsible for mitigating operational risk and performing control functions over withholding and transaction taxes generated by trading activities across Fixed Income, Derivatives and Financing.
The successful candidate will work closely with all Operations groups across the firm covering all product lines, Corporate Tax Departments and the Business Units.
On a broad level the role requires the candidate to review existing operational tax processes, analyse the impact of tax regulatory changes and new business proposals in order to influence the implementation of subsequent change requirements.
- Strong understanding of transaction and/or withholding tax issues, with the ability to communicate tax regulations
- To be analytical, to create solutions with a good attention to detail
- Strong project management skills in leading tax projects with wide range of stakeholders
- Strong in influencing change within the Ops tax division
- Be required to coach team members and liaise regularly with internal and external parties
- Operational and Business tax support with knowledge of banking sector and the technical tax knowledge within a global markets perspective
- Detailed tax knowledge of Stamp Duty, Transaction Taxes, Withholding Tax or Capital Gains Tax regimes and international tax reporting, and the impact on an operational infrastructure
- Review tax policy and regulation changes that affect current tax processing
- Work with the Corporate Tax and external tax advisors to interpret legislation
- Implement and partner with various Operations teams and Business areas
- Create operational tax requirements, processes, policies and procedures
- Attend industry forums to discuss legislation