A leading Financial Risk Management and Treasury consultancy are seeking a Hedge Accountant to join their London team. The ideal candidate will have a focus across Corporate clients with strong technical accounting (IFRS 9) and some business development experience,
- Advise and support clients in the delivery of hedge accounting reports, valuation statements, and all other services/products delivered.
- Manage the day-day administration of the business, including the appropriate procedures for client onboarding, the addition of new users and new client trades on the web based application. In addition, ensure that comprehensive and robust procedures and controls are in place and adhered to in respect data integrity testing.
- Ensure that the business is run strictly in accordance with its policies and procedures and be the key contact point for future audits.
- Oversee the billing process
- Remain fully up to date with all accounting standards relevant to the provision of hedge accounting services in different jurisdictions. Create an awareness of these standards and their implication with other consultants.
- Work closely with colleagues in the development of the business. Also, work closely with other consultants in the development of strategies, setting objectives, policies and plans, including identifying and targeting potential clients.
- Work with developers, and the Treasury team, to enhance the web-based hedge valuation offering.
- In addition to client assignments, work with the rest of the team in connection with marketing and selling services to existing and new client base.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 4 years of experience, including hands-on responsibility with the appropriate attention to detail for the delivery of hedge accounting and valuation services
- Ability to understand the financial risks faced by a business which provides hedge accounting and hedge valuation services.
- Experience working with, and managing, strict adherence to controls.
- Current knowledge of all relevant accounting standards.
- Highly professional approach commensurate with the ability to provide successful presentations to financial sponsors and the senior management of operating companies.
- A strong desire to grow the business and have direct impact on its success.
- Self-motivated; possessing tenacity and having perseverance;
- Consultative style; strong listening skills, articulate. Able to communicate simply and effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and a balanced open personality, straightforward in style with a sense of humour; an excellent relationship builder.
- Relish the opportunity in which he/she can ultimately directly drive compensation.
- Willingness to travel when necessary.