Hedge Fund Operations Analyst at leading Multi-Strategy Manager
- Circa £50k on the base - experience driven
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- O'Connell Resourcing
- 16 juil. 18 2018-07-16
A very successful $10bn+ alternative investment manager is currently looking to hire an additional team member to their multi-dimensional middle office group. This team take responsibility for all aspects of post trade matching, trade capture, and all aspects of daily operations, treasury services and valuations reporting. The ideal candidate will have experience within a multi-strategy hedge fund or a similar financial institution with solid exposure to middle office post trade operations. It is imperative that this person is confident and able to face off against the investment professionals.
- Provide operational support across a number of European strategies.
- Support the daily trade capture and P&L validation process for all European funds.
- Review and monitor daily cash and position reconciliations.
- Monitor corporate actions, dividend and trade settlements daily.
- Support the investment and risk teams, be prepared to respond to queries on individual account transactions and positions and work with the risk team to provide accurate daily risk data across the accounts.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with each portfolio management team to ensure timely delivery of accurate trade file data. Act as liaison between the portfolio manager, counterparty and administrator to ensure seamless interaction between all parties.
- Support tracking and analysis of margin excess and financing requirements across the accounts. Analyse and communicate any fluctuations or discrepancies.
- Become familiar with the accounting and valuation treatment for a variety of asset classes, including equities, futures, fixed income securities, listed options, currency forwards, CFD’s, CDS’s, IRS’s and other OTC products.
- Become familiar with the accounting treatment for simple and complex corporate action activity and assist the administrator with any related queries.
- Support the review of and sign-off on a comprehensive monthly valuation package provided by the administrator. Review management and performance fee calculations.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A number of years of transferable work experience from with a Hedge Fund, Financial Institution or Fund Administrator.
- Demonstrable experience of system/process/procedural improvements.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and industry portfolio management software.
Required skills / Characteristics:
- Highly motivated self-starter with an appetite for knowledge and eager to learn
- Effective and efficient researcher
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set, organize and meet priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment