IBD Transportation Group Associate
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 juin 18 2018-06-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division builds and maintains close relationships with corporations and governments around the world in order to provide both traditional and innovative solutions that meet their individual strategic and financial needs. Associates work on assignments which include various types of different transactions (M&A, capital markets) and business development projects while interacting directly with senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at some of the world’s largest corporations, as well as with smaller, emerging growth clients. An ideal candidate would have prior financial industry or investment banking experience.
The Transportation Group (TG) covers airline and airline services, logistics and postal services, maritime, rail and other transportation services as well as transport infrastructure clients (airports, roads, ports, concession groups etc) on a pan-European basis. Within the European Investment Banking Division, the Transportation team works with relevant regional and international clients on a wide range of complex transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, shareholder relations, recapitalisations, demergers, leveraged buyouts and defences against unsolicited takeover attempts, strategy advisory assignments and executions of public and private capital markets transactions.
A TG Associate will typically work on a variety of transactions and take on significant responsibility for delivering specific elements. Associates will have the opportunity to become involved with a wide range of transportation and transportation infrastructure sector organisations ranging from small entrepreneurial players to large scale conglomerates.
• Managing and assisting in the execution of corporate finance transactions (including IPOs, M&A, strategic advisory)
• Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research
• Contributing to team discussions and client meetings
• Providing rapid and accurate market judgments to colleagues and clients
• Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner
• Acting as a mentor and role model to Analysts; promoting team culture
• You have a strong academic background including studying for, or have achieved, an MBA or equivalent
• Relevant Investment Banking (corporate finance/M&A) experience or equivalent required
• Relevant experience within Transportation is helpful but not required
• Fluent in English; ability to communicate effectively in additional languages is helpful
• Strong analytical and modelling skills – these are critical to success as an Associate
• Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyze and value businesses
• A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
• Strong understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment
• Demonstrate best in class professional integrity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
• Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
• Proactive; self-motivated and goal oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents*LI-JD2