IFRS9 ETL Developer
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Investec Bank plc
- 18 nov. 18
IFRS9 ETL Developer
Description of Role and Key Responsibilities
The Investec IFRS9 infrastructure is a bespoke SQL Server based application designed to meet the Bank's IFRS9 Regulatory Commitments by calculating the Bank's Expected Credit Losses
The team is made up of Business Analysts, SQL/ELT/Warehouse developers and Application support.
The team's responsibilities encompass the BAU Operation of the application and an ongoing program of functional and technical enhancement.
The candidate would be expected to design, develop and maintain robust SQL Server based solutions that would become part of the Investec ETL Information platform that serves users and loads the data 24 hours/7 days, provide support to existing solutions
- Design and build end to end ETL solutions that would extract data from multiple systems, transform and load into multiple reporting data warehouses.
- Work with end users and analysts on requirements and translate them into technical specification, provides estimation to the management
- Support existing ETL Platform, reverse engineer and improve processes
- Follow and contribute to, departmental development process in terms of standards, methodologies, testing, version control and documentation, mentor junior members, drive and implement industry best practises, evaluate and introduce new tools, design and improve existing ETL framework, data validation framework.
Hands on experience of designing ETL solutions using Microsoft stack
Preferably Investment banking or Financial services experience (general products and processes knowledge; market, reference and regulatory data)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2/2012/2014/2016 performance tuning, backup and recovery, data encryption, capacity planning, understanding of database engine internals and all database objects. Experience of loading data from different sources - xml, csv, excel, web services, different databases, MQ messages etc.
- Extensive experience of designing solutions following Kimball methodology and good knowledge of data modelling concepts.
- Post release support of deployed ETL solutions.
- Experience of working in a team following agile development practices, using team development tools, working on the same objects.
- Wide knowledge of other tools, vendors, solutions available on the market and applicable to BI space, upcoming releases of new software packages, e.g. 2106 components such as temporal tables, R integration and query store.
- Experience of any modelling tools is a plus, Matlab or RStudio.
- Delivery focused
- Excellent attention to detail