IOO CORPORATE ACTIONS EMEA VOLUNTARY PROCESSING CONSULTANT
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee ( Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
With the evolving and growing Client database within Global Outsourcing Corporate Actions this is a new role.
The role itself is within the Outsourcing EMEA Voluntary Corporate Action Team whereby the successful candidate will be responsible for the processing of all event types across the respective markets following the initial setup by the Event Creation until completion.
This will encompass the setting of Client event response deadlines incorporating any individual client bespoke requirements in accordance and aligned to the deadlines set by the underlying Custodians. In addition direct email follow up will also be required on the deadline date in relation to any outstanding, incomplete or ambiguous responses.
The processing of all Client elections received by instructing the Custodians in accordance with their notification requirements and prior to their respective deadlines through Swift messaging where compatible or the alternative designated communication channel where not. The following day will also require follow up with the Custodians to confirm receipt and ensure the instructions are in place in accordance with the client's election.
Ensuring the resultant entitlements are posted across the clients' accounts in accordance with their elections together with following up on any exemptions with the Custodians to ensure their and the Outsourcing records are aligned.
Adhering to the reconciliation standards and targets in clearing, annotating, or reassigning the teams stock and Cash exceptions on a daily basis.
Working closely with the other internal teams and processing locations plus within the team together with having the desire to develop the skills and competencies listed below. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the end to end processing of all types of EMEA Voluntary Corporate Action events across the respective markets and various instrument types.
- Previous experience in an Investment Operations Outsourcing environment is preferable.
- Proven previous exposure in managing client expectations on both a professional and timely basis at all times through the various communication channels
- Strong time management skills to prioritise tasks together with ensuring a flexibility and awareness to react to short notice or unexpected demands and tasks.
- Excellent team player demonstrating the ability to work as part of a team and progressing towards shared goals.
- Core analytical and problem solving skills especially in terms of query management.
- Knowledge and experience of all Corporate Action Swift messaging.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Continuous attention to detail whilst handling high volumes in a deadline driven environment.
- Comfortable together with the ability to innovate particularily across technology.
- Look to promote own self-development both from a technical and functional perspective.
Working with Us:
- Review and familiarisation of the individual Corporate Action event status and processing requirements
- Retrieving Custodian notification data from the Data Scrubbing application in order to update Client option and event response deadlines in the Proprietary System.
- Creating, mapping and updating Corporate Action instructions for release to the respective Custodians.
- Reconciling Custodian instruction confirmations together with following up on any outstanding elections.
- The timely and accurate processing of resultant entitlements in accordance with the clients elections
- Handling of any adhoc or bespoke requests as and when required.
- Applying a diligent approach especially when dealing with High Risk and Complex events.
- Ensuring all reconciliation Stock and Cash exceptions are investigated, narrated and resolved in a timely manner through the designated application
- Timely and professional handling of all Clients, Custodian and other internal and external correspondence.
- Following and ensuring adherence to established procedures and processes.
- Working closely with the other team members and supporting the Senior Consultants.
- To manage and minimise risk within the role together with prompt escalation as required.
- Full completion of tasks and checklists within the virtual files in accordance with Audit and Control requirements.
- Review and investigation of the Swift reject queue in relation to any associated messaging received.
- Updating Client elections as required into the Delivery and Response application.
- Provide coverage as and when required in support of the team in such times as high volumes or absenteeism.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.