A delegated authority advisor are in search of a highly established senior level IT Consultant / Auditor to assist with their growing team of audit with specific focus on IT audits. The successful candidate will be conducting in-depth advisory reviews and technological audits as part of the firm’s IT consultancy offering.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the lead auditor in conducting Coverholder and TPA reviews with focus on in-depth IT processes, procedures and compliance in an IT environment, including:
- Vulnerability assessment
- Cyber claims handling
- User awareness training
- Risk/compliance assessment
- Emerging threat discovery & development of preventative measures
- Defining & implementing processes in accordance with legal/regulatory requirements
- Calculation of business interruption losses
- Physical security assessment
- Managed security service provider
- Identifying areas of risk within a control environment and assessing the adequacy of internal controls mitigating those risks
- Support to the lead auditor to perform fieldwork (onsite or remotely).
- Preparation of IT sections of the audit report and any respective appendices to support the work performed.
- To support the lead auditor pre and post audit meetings with clients for whom we are undertaking the audit work.
- Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with.
- Familiar with the LMA audit scopes for both Coverholders and TPAs and adaptable to client bespoke audit scope requirements.
- Regulatory compliance reviews including cyber security and GDPR assessments.
- Manage delivery of assigned tasks, while under minimal supervision, including:
- Interviewing IT and business managers and control owners.
- Observing and documenting processes.
- Testing and documenting.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- 5-10 years in insurance. Insurance experience in IT is fundamental, but an understanding delegated authorities is desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of ISO27001 and GDPR compliance.
- Experience conducting IT audits with minimal guidance.
- Experience managing your own workload within a wider team.
- Experience presenting a professional image to the clients and all third parties/stakeholders.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to develop or review audit programs, identify key risks and controls, and evaluate design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
Salary: £ Day and project rate applicable.
Location: London / Flexible remote working.
Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will, however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills.
No recruiters please – Delegated Authority Advisory do not accept unsolicited applications.