IT Production Application Analyst and Developer
Description of positon:
The IT Production Application Analyst and Developer position will have a pivotal role in ensuring that Tradeweb is compliant with the MiFID2 Regulatory Reporting obligations. Working within Technology, the candidate will be involved with: investigation of any data quality/system issues arising from our MIFID2 regulatory reporting submissions; system fixes and short-term enhancements to the existing reporting application framework; re-engineering to facilitate changes in requirements and deliver strategic objectives. The role, which is based in London, will work in close partnership with: 1st line IT Support; the Lead Technical Business Analyst; and the Regulatory Control Team based within Operations. There will also be occasional interaction with the Front Office. Job Responsibilities:
- Investigate and resolve issues escalated either by IT 1 st Line Support or by the Operations Regulatory Control Team.
- Perform ad-hoc investigations/reporting and static data updates on behalf of the Operations Regulatory Control Team.
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing system components:
- MS SQL Server 2012 Stored Procedures, Views, and Tables.
- Automation & Processing Tools written in PowerShell, Python & Perl.
- Ensure adequate testing of system changes and adhere to release management processes.
- Provide Development skills into project initiatives that will improve data completeness, data quality, and provide data control frameworks.
- Innovate: provide analysis, design & implementation of tactical solutions; introduce improved processes for automation of testing/releases/maintenance (DevOps).
- Proactive: identify and address risks before they have a material impact on us
- In this role you will be required, on an occasional basis, to work to a flexible work schedule which includes weekend and evening duties.
- 5+ years of working within a regulated environment, preferably within Financial Services.
- Be willing to learn new technologies and pursue an in-depth knowledge of Tradeweb Business Processes, Systems, & Data Flows
- Proven track record of:
- Software Development and Support that provided effective solutions to users.
- Delivering Technical Improvements (monitoring/reporting) to complex systems.
- Problem Solving - both individually and via good working relationships with other IT Teams & with Users. Ownership of issues all the way through to closure.
- Integration Testing & providing quality documentation.
- Essential IT Skills:
- Strong SQL including writing/maintaining complex stored procedures (Tradeweb uses MS SQL Server 2012)
- Within a Microsoft Environment, in-depth knowledge of programming with at least one of: Python; PowerShell; Perl.
- XML: Consumption, Production, & Transformation; Schema Validation.
- Desirable IT Skills:
- General IT skills outside Microsoft Environment (e.g. Infrastructure, Linux)
- Other messaging standards (e.g. FIX)
- Collaborative Tools - JIRA, Confluence
- Strong preference for knowledge of MIFID2 reporting regime, or similar (e.g. EMIR).
- Knowledge of the Fixed Income products, or demonstration of a keen desire to learn.
- Degree Educated, preferably in Computer Science/Information Systems/Engineering
Tradeweb Markets Inc. (Nasdaq: TW) is a leading, global operator of electronic marketplaces for rates, credit, equities and money markets. Founded in 1996, Tradeweb provides access to markets, data and analytics, electronic trading, straight-through-processing and reporting for more than 40 products to clients in the institutional, wholesale and retail markets. Advanced technologies developed by Tradeweb enhance price discovery, order execution and trade workflows while allowing for greater scale and helping to reduce risks in client trading operations. Tradeweb serves approximately 2,500 clients in more than 60 countries. For more information, please go to www.tradeweb.com .