Information Security Analyst - Associate A leading financial services client is looking to hire an Information Security Analyst to support its business cyber security monitoring and response team in London. This is excellent opportunity to join a leading Investment Bank and be part of strategic business team delivering tactical solutions across Information and Cyber Security.
Information Security Analyst - Associate
A leading financial services client is looking to hire an Information Security Analyst to support its business cyber security monitoring and response team in London. This is excellent opportunity to join a leading Investment Bank and be part of strategic business team delivering tactical solutions across Information and Cyber Security.
The Information Security Analyst will be tasked with identifying and delivering solutions across information security management, undertaking assessments of potential security threats and impact on business processes and procedures.
- Be responsible for tracking analysis across cyber security incidents and assisting with remediation and escalations.
- Accounting for key incidents and ensuring communications across the technology and business stakeholders are all accounted for.
- Supporting projects around Information Security initiatives tasked at improving the control framework.
- Experience in event monitoring and incident identification, analysis and response processes.
- Prior work within a corporate IT environment, preferably information security or network administration.
- Good understanding of Information Security principles, best practice standards and guidelines.
- Application security and malware analysis experience.
- Understanding of security penetration testing tools and techniques and common exploitable vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS, including Active Directory, and application security groups.
- Programming / Scripting Experience covering Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell, and vbs.
Technical Skills Required -
- Qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science with a focus on Cyber and Information Security.
- Experience with technologies and toolsets used to analyse and respond to threats - e.g. SIEM, log management, "hunting" or "big data analytics".
- Information Security knowledge and experience, including knowledge of network technologies and protocols (including DNS, TCP/IP, PKI, Firewalls).
- Detailed knowledge of current cyber threats and common attacks.
- Experience accounting for detection and mitigation controls around Information Security.
- Understanding of Network and endpoint Security concepts and products, including content filtering technologies, antivirus, data loss prevention, perimeter and host intrusion (IPS/IDS).
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- An analytical mindset, capable of digesting a wide range of information and making practical judgements based on available data and context.
- Ability to understand business context, identify issues and analyse and correlate information.
This is an excellent opportunity for Information Security Analyst to join a growing team and plenty of opportunity to progress and grow within the organisation. A competitive base salary is on offer with a good benefits and company bonus scheme. Applicants are asked to clearly demonstrate current and prior experience derived within Information and Cyber Security, please do apply early. Client is looking to interview ASAP and will review CVs that are introduced post screening and vetting.