- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Mako Group
- 21 sept. 17
Reporting to: Global Head of Technology Infrastructure
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Mako runs a large and complex technology infrastructure comprising of Linux and Windows servers/workstations, complex LAN/WAN networks, enterprise storage devices and advanced telephony systems. Situated within a multi-skilled team, this role will primarily focus on providing Windows desktop and server-side support to Mako’s users. There will be an opportunity to learn about all aspects of Mako’s technology footprint, as well as the business, and to grow your Windows, Linux, Network and Trading Systems experience.
- Installation of workstations, servers, telephony systems and all associated peripheral devices
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
- Escalating issues to team members where necessary
- System builds, upgrades and automation
- Monitoring performance and capacity planning
- Investigating new technologies and solutions to help improve day-to-day system administration and support
- Disaster recovery, business continuity and system backups
- A can-do attitude with an expectation that issues will be followed through to resolution
- An open-minded and innovative approach to technology
- Ambitious with a desire to learn new skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure trading environment
- Excellent communication skills
Education and Experience
- A Computer Science or related degree, or relevant work experience
- 2+ years’ experience working with Windows in a system administration or engineer capacity
- Simple knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Active Directory and Exchange knowledge and experience
- Experience with virtualisation, WDS, WSUS
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Programming/scripting skills for automation of tasks (Powershell / Python)
- Hands on experience working in colocation/datacentre facilities
- Able to learn new skills and technologies quickly
Mako has offices in London, Singapore and Sydney and equipment in colocation facilities located across Europe, US and Asia. Travel is occasionally required to these sites for new installations, maintenance and upgrades.
Shift hours as required. Support is provided between 06.30 and 19:00 via three shifts. Due to the nature of the business, defined Bank Holiday work will also be required. Hours for work subject to change dependant on traded markets. Out-of-hour’s work is required for system maintenance (including occasional weekend work).