Join us as an Infrastructure Engineer
What you'll do
- We'll look to you to develop, implement, and help users with Hosting Solutions products and services against customer requirements
- In order to achieve a first-class customer experience, you'll make sure our products are engineered to comply with security, availability, resilience, performance, and capacity requirements using modern cloud consumption practices
- You'll work across engineering teams and specialise in modern consumption practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and continuous delivery
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be contributing to and managing the selection, creation and maintenance of infrastructure technologies required to meet the needs of our customers, ensuring alignment to the Chief Technology Office (CTO) strategic targets and architecture outcomes.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Making sure the required work in the platform backlog contains detailed acceptance criteria, which ensures that operations support or warranty period is clear and accountable once a system migration is complete
- Engineering the products with the user in mind, and assisting the users in how to consume our products through Toolchains
- Producing and providing ongoing management of infrastructure roadmaps, detailing lifecycles of the technology from new products and versions, through to end of support and retirement
- Building and leveraging relationships with colleagues across bank to make sure decisions made are commercially focused and create long term value for the organisation
To succeed in this role, you'll need the ability to understand how your area of expertise supports customers, from the core development of technology to risk based decisions. On top of this, you'll need a clear understanding of infrastructure layers or stack, and a broad knowledge across multiple platforms such as server, operating system, virtualisation, database, middleware or network.
Along with experience of contributing to roadmaps and strategies and working closely with third parties on assurance of their output and managing their performance, you'll need the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
You'll also demonstrate:
- A good understanding of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and cloud technologies
- A strong focus on personal development while working with colleagues across the bank, allowing you to expand your network and gain exposure for you and your work
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies paired with working knowledge of the Agile toolsets and experience of working in an Agile team
- The ability to relate everyday work to the strategic vision of the feature team, platform and domain
- Experience in working across the lifecycle, from requirements analysis and design, through coding to testing, deployment and operations to support the delivery of feature or products
- Experience of working in a complex, multi disciplined matrix team providing technical leadership and coaching
- A clear understanding of the DevOps mind-set, collaboration, automation and tooling to deploy code continually, working through the backlog
- Experience in CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code including a broad knowledge across multiple platforms such as server, operating system, virtualisation, database, middleware or network