Infrastructure Engineer (Microsoft & VMware)
- City of London
- Feb 19, 2021
- £450 - £500 pd
A London based Financial Services company is looking to hire an Infrastructure Engineer with a strong background supporting Microsoft Windows Server and VMware virtual server environments
A London based Financial Services company is looking to hire an Infrastructure Engineer with a strong background supporting Microsoft Windows Server and VMware virtual server environments. This will be an initial 6-month contract paying up to £520 per day (Inside IR35). Key Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the delivery of on-going security improvement projects relating to the Enterprise Windows Server and VMware virtual server estates.
- The initial project phase will focus on the removal of legacy encryption protocols and a number of configuration compliance issues.
- As a secondary function, this role will provide 2nd and 3rd line operational support for the internal IT infrastructure and systems in the company's 24x7 hosted environment.
- Taking ownership of problems through to resolution over a wide variety of systems and technologies, supporting enterprise Microsoft Windows Server environment, Exchange online, Active Directory, VMware and Citrix.
- You must have a solid background working with the Microsoft Infrastructure technology stack and have excellent knowledge of the Windows Server OS.
- Must have strong experience supporting production systems in an enterprise Microsoft Windows/Active Directory environment.
- Strong experience supporting Microsoft Windows Server and VMware virtual server environments.
- Strong experience of remediating security vulnerabilities and configuration compliance issues.
- Experience working with ITSM systems such as Service Now and an understanding of priorities and SLA's.
- Ability to plan and implement technical changes without unexpected disruption to the service and with minimal oversight.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other operational support teams in to support the service.
- Strong experience of providing cross training on technologies and operational processes to colleagues
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills.
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Knowledge of ITIL framework (understanding of Incident, Problem, Change)
- O365/Azure/AWS certification
- ITIL certification
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.