Institutional Client Implementation Analyst, AVP
Who we are looking for
High calibre graduate with a good working knowledge of financial products and a focus on exceptional client experience sought for a position within one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers. State Street are committed to hiring from a fair and diverse array of genders and backgrounds and offering equal opportunities.
As a Client On-boarding & Implementation Analyst you will be responsible for the planning, coordination and efficient implementation of new business and change events. As the key contact point for both internal and external clients, you will take ownership of events and be expected to understand them to a high level of detail to ensure successful implementation. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Plan and manage the end to end process for on-boarding clients, change events and terminations. This may include new portfolio setups, changes to investment strategy or location, changes to benchmarks and changes to custody
- Project-manage client onboarding events including complex portfolio structures across the asset classes.
- Providing advice and consulting with all participant parties on all aspects of account openings and client change events.
- Update and completion of event checklists and information packs for each event, ensuring adherence to procedures, to facilitate risk free event support.
- Work closely with the Contracting and KYC/AML teams to ensure timely completion of legal administration within planned timeframes.
- You will ensure accurate static data set up on internal systems; maintain client and portfolio reference data.
- Extensive liaison with custodians, trading counterparties, transfer agencies and other external parties to ensure smooth event implementation.
- Coordinate transaction processing including in-kind trade booking and resolution of exceptions.
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners.
- You will chair meetings with internal teams both, in preparation for, during, and post event.
- Provide timely and accurate query investigation and resolution.
- Continuous focus on risk excellence and risk mitigation.
- Participate in projects as assigned.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- You will interact with clients, consultants, counterparts, custodians, fund administrators, investment and transition managers and other third party providers external to SSGA. Internally, key interactions will be with product strategists, relationship managers, portfolio managers and functional teams such as compliance, risk, legal investment support, trade support, and reconciliations.
- You are forward thinking and look to improve the current processes and procedures. Analysts are expected to be able to work independently and as part of a team, to follow issues and responsibilities through to resolution, to meet deadlines, and to perform well in a high pressure environment.
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Investment Operations Certificate (formerly IAQ) considered an advantage.
- Operations experience gained from an investment manager.
- You will have experience in a client onboarding or transitions role.
- You will have experience working with clients in multiple European and Middle Eastern jurisdictions.
- Product experience desirable: Bonds, Equities, FX, Futures, OTC Derivatives, Pooled / Mutual Funds.
About State Street What we do.
- You have strong analytical skills.
- You are willing to assume responsibility and ownership of tasks assigned.
- You have the ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in delivery focused environment.
- You are able to build positive relationships with both internally and externally
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an excellent grasp of the importance of client service.
- You understand investment markets and settlement.
- An appreciation of stamp duty markets, financial transaction taxes and collection of them in relation to in specie activities is desirable.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers