Insurance Technology Data - Senior Consultant
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 21 sept. 17 2017-09-21
Job Title: Insurance Technology Data - Senior Consultant Location: Canary Wharf, London Salary Level: Competitive
Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We are looking for Senior Consultant join our team as we are looking for fresh ideas and innovative minds to assist with a number of projects in the IT industry.
As a Firm we are on a journey to double the size of our business by 2020. Growing our advisory business is critical to achieving this and consequently we are placing significant investment in growing this part of our Firm. This investment has led to significant growth in our UK Insurance business in recent years and we see significant market opportunities that will enable us to grow further, a key enabler for which is building our team.
Typically you would be working as part of an engagement team whose remit is to effect business transformation
Building on your existing industry and technical knowledge, you will support us to successfully guide our clients through the challenges of implementing Guidewire as part of their key business transformation initiatives which are driving change throughout their organisation. The initiatives you will be involved in will often have senior CXO support and focus on delivering significant business value from cost reduction, exploiting growth opportunities, ensuring regulatory compliance and the successful integration of acquisitions.
You will work as a part of teams on key Guidewire implementation projects. You will help support your clients to deliver tangible and long term benefit from maximising how they use and manage their data and designing and implementing solutions to support these objectives. You will always focus on the strategic objectives of your clients and programmes and ensure long term business benefit is delivered. You will develop your business and technical and consulting skills by being exposed to all stages of the project lifecycle from strategy to implementation and testing. In addition, you will be fully involved in growing the practice by supporting the development of sales and marketing papers in key demand areas.
The role involves supporting the delivery of significant Guidewire implementation programmes for some of the world's largest insurers:
- Working throughout the delivery lifecycle including data requirements definition, design, build and test of data management solutions
- Data warehouse solution design and implementation
- Data migration implementation
- Design and build of critical MI reports
- Helping clients leverage the power of predictive analytics and machine learning
- Being able to adapt to different client environments and performing multiple different roles- both technical and business related
- Strong delivery and managing of client deliverables
- Managing client stakeholder relationships
- Assisting in the project governance, financial and change control processes
- Demonstrate experience involving most or all of the following technical competencies:
- Guidewire implementation experience highly beneficial
- Guidewire data migration experience across any of the modules (PolicyCenter, BillingCenter or ClaimCenter)
- DataHub and/or InfoCenter experience highly beneficial
- Understanding of analytics packages and statistical modelling desirable
- Exposure to Gosu or Java development desirable (but not essential)
- Data requirements capture, analysis and data modelling using formal notation such as UML and Entity-Relationship models
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Real-time and batch data integration, data warehousing, MDM
Experience in one or more industry standard:
- ETL tool such as SAP BODS, Informatica, MS SSIS, IBM DataStage, and Oracle Data Integrator
- Experience in one or more enterprise BI tools such as Cognos, BusinessObjects and Power BI
- Understanding of Data Architecture and Information Lifecycle Management (ILM)
- Strong understanding of project/programme management methodologies, especially agile
- Significant experience in insurance highly beneficial
- Knowledge of insurers and their data structures and business processes
- Previous consulting experience highly beneficial
- Experience of developing sales collateral such as proposal responses
- Previous client facing roles highly beneficial
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you're rewarded.