Interim Head of Management Accounting and FP&A
- £90k plus benefits
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Maldon Partners
- 01 mai 18 2018-05-01
The firm are one of the largest independently owned investment management and advisory firms in the UK, with a first-class reputation. They offer a great working culture, the Finance team is well respected within the firm and they have low staff turnover. The business have been steadily making strong returns on investments over the past ten years and are now entering the next phase in their life cycle and going through a period of growth and improvement.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Head of Management Accounting and FP&A to join the business initially on a fixed term contract, but with a view to going permanent as there is permanent headcount available. The fixed term contract will initially be offered on a 6-month basis.
This will lead a team of 3, and will be responsible for the following:
Budget & Forecasting
- Responsible for leading the end-to-end annual budget and forecasting process
- Responsible for analysing and challenging budget submissions to ensure an appropriate annual budget is prepared by the Group which aligns with the strategic targets set by the Board
- Analysing variances of expenditure to budget on a monthly basis, and investigating, understanding and reporting the reasons for any variances
- Responsible for the review and analysis of the financial performance of support services and identifying underperformance.
- Challenging and advising the Finance Director and heads of support services on unbudgeted expenditure or shortfalls in income including advising on any mitigating actions that can be taken
- Responsible for setting monthly targets and reviewing, monitoring and challenging performance against these targets
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and circulation of monthly management accounts and other financial information needed for management purposes
- Reviewing the content of management information, recommending and implementing changes that focus on identifying and measuring KPI’s, areas for performance improvement and profitable growth to help drive strategic decision making
- Reviewing the management accounts with the Finance Business Partners and add commentary focussing on key business drivers, performance and areas for improvement
- To review all balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the management accounting team, ensuring that all reconciliations are up to date, all outstanding items cleared, and any corrective actions undertaken.
- Assisting the Financial Reporting team in the reconciliation of the financial and management accounting profit.
Systems & Procedures
- To review the systems and procedures for the department making recommendations and implementing changes when required.
- Develop operational KPI’s to measure the efficiency and accuracy of the output produced by the team
- Drive change projects to improve the quality of data and efficiency of production, to support improvements to the analytical capability of the management accounting team
- Provide ad hoc support to the Finance Director and Financial Controller, as well as heads of support services on any other projects as required
- Effectively communicate project expectations to IT and work closely on implementations, coordinating and actively participating in user acceptance testing to ensure all issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Documentation of user sign offs, including identification and communication of potential risks that impact the projects scope and timetable to the Finance Director and Financial Controller
To be considered for the role, you will have the following skills:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA, or international equivalent)
- Educated to degree level or beyond
- Significant experience in managing the preparation of complex management accounts, budgets and forecasts
- Financial Services sector experience
- Experience of managing a team and individual performance