Internship - Junior Research Analyst UK
- daily rate of £92
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Stage, Plein-temps
- ISS - Institutional Shareholder Services
- 21 nov. 17 2017-11-21
ISS London is seeking a pool of talented and self- motivated research interns for the winter/spring of 2018. Our interns will work on the UK market and be guided by our top experienced analysts. This internship is remunerated (daily rate of £92) and will run for 5 months starting in February 2018.
Count yourself in.
Enter a world of corporate governance and responsible investment and jumpstart your career by gaining exposure to the fundamental affairs of businesses and economies on a global scale.
Why work for ISS?
For more than 30 years now, Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) has been the world’s leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment (RI) solutions for asset owners, asset managers, hedge funds, and asset service providers. Institutional clients turn to us to apply their corporate governance views, identify governance risks, and manage their complete proxy voting needs on a global basis.
We are truly a global company, with more than 1000 employees spread across 19 offices in 13 countries. A career in ISS gives you international experience in working with market-leading experts that enable investors to incorporate corporate governance & responsible investment in their policies and practices.
The ISS Way
At ISS, our values are not as much imposed as they are inspired. We talk about ideals in terms of how it brings our people together in a culture that upholds the interests of our colleagues, shareholders and clients. Everyone at ISS is a champion of Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Flexibility, Diversity and Client Service. When you join ISS, you are expected to exemplify these Values in a manner that informs your actions and aspirations in the workplace.
What’s in it for you?
- Work in a flexible and diversified environment.
- Perform in a workplace of integrity and transparency.
- Develop a detailed understanding of corporate governance and gain an awareness of its technical terminology.
- Receive in-depth training in the latest developments in corporate governance to fulfill your career aspirations.
- Contribute significantly to our client work and knowledge building.
- Develop research and analytical skills.
ISS London is seeking a pool of talented and self- motivated research interns for the winter/spring of 2018. Our interns will work on the UK market and be guided by our top experienced analysts.
As a Junior Research Analyst, you will become an integral part of the team with the crucial role of helping deliver data, research and vote recommendations on shareholder meetings of listed companies. The internships coincide with the so-called “proxy voting season”, i.e. when most listed companies convene their annual shareholder meetings.
- Assist our analysts by closely inspecting the agendas of annual general meetings.
- Review annual reports and identify key issues based on ISS' voting guidelines.
- Learn about and then formulate vote recommendations.
- Engage with companies in order to procure additional information.
- Prepare detailed reports in English explaining why a certain vote recommendation was given.
- An interest in corporate governance, capital markets, research and data collection
- A relevant postgraduate degree, or in the process of obtaining such a degree (law, political science, economics, finance, or business streams are an advantage). Applicants with a relevant bachelor degree and relevant work experience may also be considered.
- A good eye for detail
- Fluent English writing skills
- Comfortable working with numbers
- The ability to assimilate large quantities of information, work independently and take initiative while also being a team player
- An organized and structured mind to deal with large quantities of work and strict deadlines
This internship is remunerated (daily rate of £92) and will run for 5 months starting in February 2018.
Interested in this great learning opportunity?
Applicants should apply online at https://jobs-international-issgovernance.icims.com/jobs/1061/internship---junior-research-analyst-uk/job by sending a CV in English along with a one-page cover letter. The cover letter should explain why you are interested in corporate governance, in joining ISS and why you are suitable for the role. Applications without a cover letter won’t be taken into further consideration.
Please note that due to the great number of applications we receive, we can only respond to selected candidates.
To all recruitment agencies: ISS does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any ISS employee, location or website. ISS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes