Investigations - Manager - London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 21 janv. 19
Investigations - Manager - London
Assurance - Investigations Manager, London
Despite the best efforts of internal controls and risk departments, corporate fraud continues to challenge businesses across the globe. From asset misappropriation to financial statement fraud, no company is immune. When facing acts of fraud, government regulatory inquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients know that we have the investigative experience they need, when they need it.
Our Forensic Investigations and Disputes Services (FIDS) team is growing in line with vision 2020, and as a Fraud and Investigations Manager you'll play a key role in that growth. Working with clients across all industries, you'll develop innovative recommendations to some of the most challenging fraud issues around. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries, you can expect to take on a wide range of fraud prevention and detection projects, making this a great place to develop your skills and business knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
Because all clients have unique issues, it's no exaggeration to say you'll never be doing the same type of investigation for too long. You'll work with our clients' legal counsel, internal audit and compliance departments investigating complex issues and developing practical solutions that address operational challenges. It's all about using your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients' needs from the front lines.
Skills and attributes for success
You will have knowledge and experience:
- Auditing companies and general accounts preparation
- Valuation and finance concepts (e.g. cost of capital, risk adjusted discount rates)
- Modelling, testing, documenting financial scenarios and anticipating challenges
- Analysing strengths/weaknesses of opposing cases, formulating alternative damage scenarios and advising on strategic implications
- Different dispute resolution mechanisms (eg trial, civil hearing, mediation, arbitration, regulatory/competition tribunals)
- Corruption investigations and knowledge of regulatory environment including corruption issues (Bribery Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, OECD convention on corruption, local corruption legislation, enforcement trends)
- Fraud and forensic investigations (eg occupational fraud, bankruptcy and insolvency, insurance fraud, mortgage fraud, procurement fraud)
- Preparation of forensic/expert witness reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong academic record including a degree (in any subject)
- Professional accountancy qualification or Certified Auditor
- Experience of understanding, digesting, explaining, analysing company accounts and financial information
- Internal Audit and Compliance experience
- Experience with anti-money laundering
- Skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Start date: 08/01/2019
End date: 07/02/2019
What we look for
We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.