- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Michael Page
- 11 juin 18 2018-06-11
The Investment Analyst's job is to manage investment implementation activity, oversee the investment infrastructure and all third party manager activity (appointments and transitions), manage overall fund liquidity, and monitor operational risks. The successful candidate will gain exposure to the complete breadth of the bank's asset classes, strategies, regions and managers.
This is a leading bank based in London.
The Investment Analyst will:
- Manage the implementation of new investments and disposals in line with the investment strategy, including custody set-up, operational due diligence, contract negotiation and funding.
- Coordinate between both internal and external stakeholders, such as Pensions Finance team, consultants, investment managers, lawyers, custodians, transition managers to ensure appropriate legal agreements in place and effective operational structure is in place to support investment transitions and cash transfers.
- Coordination with Asset Class Coordinators to identify optimal implementation strategy of investment strategy change.
- Participate in and represent the Implementation team in governance meetings on various projects and changes to regulatory requirements.
- Ensure appropriate policies followed and records maintained to document implementation decisions and sign-offs via the portfolio management system.
- Responsible for transaction planning and execution of instructions and cash flow trades through the portfolio management system coordinating with signatories and Liquidity manager and Finance team.
- Responsible for appropriate recording of cashflow trades into portfolio management system and assisting in ongoing reconciliation of trade records.
- Oversee and manage cashflows related to investment activity, ensuring the cash balances maintained are appropriate and in line with liquidity management strategy and any transactions are processed and settled in good time to meet all liabilities due.
- Assist in maintenance of appropriate terms in legal contracts with counterparties for derivatives (including umbrella trading documentation with managers), transition managers and execution agents.
- Coordinate with legal counsel for amendments to legal contracts with investment suppliers.
- Manage processes to ensure appropriate and accurate reporting for governance purposes, including proxy voting and socially responsible investment issues.
- Participate in control testing and audit where necessary
- Maintain relationships with investment suppliers from an operational perspective and support the fund's supplier monitoring process.
- Propose improvements to existing process design.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent and/or studying towards IMC or preferably CFA
- Knowledge of segregated and pooled investments across asset classes (ie fixed interest, equity, alternatives etc)
- Previous experience of institutional investment or Financial Services environment
- Ability to project manage multiple tasks and workstreams simultaneously
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external relationships appropriately
- Awareness of the opportunities/ constraints when investing in pension fund context and of current pension fund investment issues.
- Good organisational and time management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a permanent role based in London.