Investment Management Product Specialist
JobDescription : The Job - Investment Management Product Specialist - Quantamental Consultant The location - London The grade - G10 (internal use only) General Description:
The IM Quantamental Consultant will be expected to identify, analyze, and propose solutions specific to the quantamental capabilities offered by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Each Quantamental Consultant becomes a knowledge expert in the CIQ Desktop, Portfolio Analytics, Alpha Factor Library and the ClariFI Platform, and in the other quantitative/"quantamental" products offered through Market Intelligence.
Using this knowledge the consultant will consult & train our Investment Management Clients. These clients will consist of Asset Managers, Pension Funds, and Hedge Funds etc. This role drives revenue growth and client retention by working with Sales, Relationship Management, Product Management, and Product Operations to promote and identify Market Intelligence's quantitative solutions to the Investment Management segment. Specific Responsibilities:
The IM Quantamental Consultant is a client-facing representative for S&P Global Market Intelligence. Their responsibilities include:
SALES PROCESS INVOLVEMENT
- Possess a firm understanding of the diagnostic sales process and employ its principles and techniques when engaging with a prospect or client. Understand the commercial pricing model and the client's use of platforms and data to inform pricing.
- Advise users on financial modeling, numerical analysis, and process efficiencies. Responsible for all quantitative engineering, account management and pre-sales activity for clients of our institutional products and services, particularly the ClariFI Platform, and the quantitative/"quantamental" products offered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- Assist the trial process with a thorough understanding of the client's workflow, and how Market Intelligence's content, feed and platform solutions (including PA, ALF, Feeds and ClariFI and various enterprise delivery platforms) may enhance that workflow.
- Conduct product demos as needed and help to design the best solution to fit a prospect's or client's needs.
- Act as a product specialist for the PA, AFL, Feed and ClariFI Platforms by understanding the application of these products for complex investment management workflows, conducting training, troubleshooting problems, answering product questions, and providing complex daily product support to a client base of equity research analysts, portfolio managers, and Risk Management professionals.
- Develop a complete understanding of competitors' products and be able to articulate Market Intelligence's relative capabilities.
- Facilitate a positive experience for the client by bringing together the appropriate resources within Market Intelligence and the client's organization.
- Act as a regional IM market feedback consolidation source for regional product, content, and delivery enhancements. Work closely with Product Management to provide feedback and rank enhancement requests.
- Provide product training to Sales, and document technical client interactions in Salesforce to share with the broader organization.
- Learn and understand new datasets as they are deployed through the Xpressfeed loader, ClariFI, or other mechanism, and communicate the advantages of these datasets effectively to clients and prospects.
A mixture of Finance and Technical skills are necessary. Market data specialists from the buy and or sell-side, technical and content experts at other market data vendors, and equity Research Analysts are actively being sought for this role.
Qualifications included in a job posting would be similar to this:
- Thorough understanding of the equity investment process (with a focus on quantitative/quantamental security analysis)
- Degree in a numerate discipline such as Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent experience is required. CFA Charter holder/candidate or Masters in Financial Engineering (or related discipline) is a plus.
- A strong understanding of fundamental data is necessary.
- Experience of various scripting languages (Python, R, Matlab, etc) is a plus but not necessary.
- Familiarity with industry-leading financial data and delivery platforms. Knowledge of Compustat or Capital IQ products (data, software, or feeds) is a plus.
- Excellent communication, training and presentation skills.