- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 24 mars 18 2018-03-24
Title: Java Developer
We have forthcoming opportunities for talented Java Developers to join us. You will be responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications; designing code, testing, debugging and documenting programs as well as supporting activities for corporate systems architecture. You will also work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications, to increase and efficiency and help us manage risk.
You should aspire to build a career within one of the most interesting parts of one of the world's largest banks. You will work closely with a variety of business groups (Front Office, Middle Office, Model Validation, Finance etc.) and be presented with opportunities to learn about the products abd technologies used in banking, as well as receiving on-going training that provides learning provided by technologists who are experienced in delivering successful enterprise scale solutions.
As a Java Developer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Designing and coding new applications, frameworks, features, and enhancements in Java
- Ensuring the design quality of technical deliverables remain exceptionally high, in terms of maintainability and extensibility, robustness and scalability.
- Driving forward our established Agile development and QA processes, including automated unit and integration testing.
- Assisting in escalated production support calls, including resolving questions and issues from users and downstream systems across global locations and teams; these may be about functionality or may be technical in nature
- Working with developers and project managers to support testing and UAT phases of integration projects (running reports and reconciliations, investigating and tracking issues, reporting on progress etc)
As a Java Developer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience of development with Core Java and strong system and object oriented design skills
- In depth understanding of core (collections, concurrency, NIO etc.)
- Have an understanding of and experience with multithreaded systems, working knowledge of the Java garbage collector, familiar with low latency I/O
- Understanding of and experience with design patterns (Observer, Factory, Singleton etc.)
- Experience of the full lifecycle of software development and delivery with Agile development practices including unit testing, continuous integration, refactoring
- Ability to work with a team of like-minded high-calibre developers to translate user requirements into working code
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and team-working skills
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.