Java Developer – OTC Pre-Settlements – Associate
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 nov. 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Department & Team Profile
The OTC Pre-Settlements team is a multidisciplinary, global application development team. The suite of applications comprises the firm’s Pre-Settlement processing platform for all OTC Derivative asset classes, as well as for FX cash trades. We connect with multiple upstream trade booking and risk systems, receiving real time trade and cash flow information and provide functionality to a wide user base to enable settlement as per our client’s preferences. Functionality provided covers automation of high volume payment generation, client payment affirmation and netting, cancel/correct workflow, third party platform integration and product specific accounting treatment.
We are a part of the Core Services department which is responsible for providing end to end solutions for our Operations users in Institutional Securities and Wealth Management, including confirmations, pre-settlements and settlement activities, tax and corporate actions.
- As a Java Developer your role will involve taking ownership for building components of the renovated multi-product Pre-Settlements system.
- You will be involved through the full development lifecycle, from requirements definition to product deployment.
- We’re a tight-knit team, so you should be a highly motivated team player and likely to have significant experience in application development, a strong technical background and good communication skills.
- Whilst this is primarily a development role, the successful candidate will be expected to learn the business flows that we handle and become familiar with the wider technology landscape in the department
- Upcoming book of work for the team will focus on the re-architecting of functional components, providing greater automation and a reduction of manual operations performed by our internal clients.
- Java 8, Spring
- Relational OLTP Databases, SQL knowledge
- Integration technologies - MQ/Xml/SOAP/JSON
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, familiarity with Design Patterns.
- Hands on experience with multithreaded programming.
- Understanding of the SDLC, SCM, Agile and scrum methodologies.
- Build tools - Gradle/GIT/Jenkins.
- Comfortable with direct interaction with internal clients.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.