- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
Java Developer - Ops & Treasury
Java Developer - Ops & TreasuryWho we're looking for
We're looking for an inspiring Java Developer with a flare for engineering to join our growing global team. Someone who's ready to take on a new challenge, developing secure, stable proprietary systems and being part of a team to help shape our wealth business for years to come.
And ready to hone new skills, too. You'll stick with your projects through design, development, build and testing - putting you in the best place to see what's working, fix problems and create even stronger solutions next time.
Our Wealth Management business is going through a period of significant change. As well as having recently gone through an Agile Transformation (SAFe) they are now going through a technology transformation. We are embarking on a major overhaul of our core banking & investment platform, moving to a distributed micro-service architecture and need people with a strong engineering discipline who use their knowledge of standard and emerging technologies to bring innovative solutions to bear on challenging business problems.
What you'll need to do
You will be working in a truly agile environment, liaising with colleagues globally and influencing technical decision making. We will invest in you and your development, and you will have the opportunity to work internationally and across technology, (30% of our hires come from internal mobility within Tech!).
Work in an agile way:
• engineer robust, scalable and maintainable solutions to meet the needs of the business
• collaborate with business users and other team members to create user stories
• understand how your stories fit into the broader picture and medium term business goals
• work with our other agile and shared service teams to get them up to speed with dependencies
• actively participate in stand-ups, retrospectives and planning workshops
Raise our game:
• reflect on our projects, looking for and sharing ways to improve
• broaden your team's horizons, boosting their analysis, testing and software development skills (remembering to keep developing your own skills, too)
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for
• Core Java developer with experience in building distributed mission-critical systems
• Experience developing REST micro-services
• Experience with continuous integration and automated testing frameworks
• Experience in Finance, especially in an Operations or Treasury environment, an advantage
• An undergraduate degree (or equivalent). We prefer computer science, or other numerate subject
What you'll be like
• Friendly: people the world over like working with you, and they're never afraid to ask you for help
• Interested in the latest tech developments, and how you can use them
• Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times
• Gutsy: you know 'good' isn't good enough. So you solve problems and challenge the status quo to find better ways to do things.
Cazenove Capital is part of the Schroders group and provides a complete wealth management service by delivering tailored portfolio management and wealth planning, together with banking and treasury services.
Private individuals, family offices, trusts, businesses and pension plans all rely on us to provide them with bespoke, discretionary and advisory investment services. We are a leading charity fund manager in the UK.
We employ over 700 talented people worldwide operating from 16 offices in 9 different countries across Europe and Asia with over £41billion of assets under management.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to in vesting, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Zurich, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York.
The software engineering and technology change function is split between 5 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations and Data; Distribution and Product; Corporate; Wealth and; Digital. In addition there are teams which operate as shared services to provide Technology Infrastructure, Production Services (production support, release and access control), Quality Assurance, Information Security and Business Management (change management, assurance and reporting).
Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off the shelf software packages best suited to Schroders' operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems to support the specific needs of the clients and products that our colleagues support.
The Global Technology vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds, that focuses on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Global Technology will enable Schroders to deliver the best outcomes for clients and shareholders.
In order to ensure that the emergent technology needs of our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders are able to be met quickly and effectively Schroders is undertaking the Leading Enterprise Agile Programme (LEAP) within Global Technology. In order to ensure this is achieved without compromising the stability and security of the platform, Schroders Global Technology is implementing a bespoke agile operating model, based on the SAFe methodology, which ensures that technology support and infrastructure is unaffected and the requisite governance and control is in place.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.