Java Developer - Prime Brokerage Technology - Associate
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 12 nov. 18
See job description for details
The position of lead Java developer has become available within the London Prime Client Service Technology team.
The team is closely aligned to the Prime Brokerage (PB) business unit. PB has a global footprint with offices in all the main financial centres, it provide consolidated clearing, custody, financing, foreign exchange and portfolio reporting services to the most sophisticated limited partnerships, asset managers and institutions. Prime Brokerage is very successful collection of businesses (PB, Listed Derivatives Clearing, OTC Clearing and DSP) and is seen as a market leader in its field in a number of global regions.
Morgan Stanley is the number one prime broker on the Street, a major contributing factor to this success has been the emphasis placed on technology. To maintain the competitive edge Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage is continually looking to deploy innovative technology to deliver solutions to their Clients and well as internally to service their client base.
The Prime Client Services Technology has developed a number of bespoke applications to assist the global business across multiple functions (Sales, Client Services, Capital Introduction, Client On-Boarding, Operations). The systems are developed using Java 8 on a Linux platform, with Sybase or DB2 as the data repositories using micro-services architecture. The services use a variety of technologies - Spring Boot & Security, MQ, Elasticsearch, Hibernate, Hazelcast, Liquibase, internal cloud, service discovery, REST etc. The UI development is primarily done in HTML5 (Angular). The team is constantly evaluating the latest technologies/products and work closely with the engineering teams to trial or bring in new libraries/products inside the firm.
The organisation is committed to using Agile to deliver value to the business. Practices such as BDD and TDD are employed with CI to ensure value is delivered to the business in a time to market manner. The team uses pair programming, and has daily scrum calls by product, and run a two week sprint cycle.
The role is for a hands-on senior developer who will be able to drive the architecture and best practices for server side development. The candidate will be the lead Java developer in London, and will work closely with the team locally and in Budapest and New York. The role offers considerable opportunities to get exposure to the business both directly related to Prime Brokerage but also other departments within the Firm.
- Involvement in the full development lifecycle of projects.
- Working as a part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
- Facilitate in the decision-making processes with team members both in terms of new system development and enhancements to current systems
- An influencer, with strong persuasion skills and ability to encourage behaviours and best practises
- Hands-on leader with track record of stable, high-quality delivery
- Acting as a change agent
- Welcomes learning and ongoing improvement, who wants to help team continuously learn and improve
- Someone with the courage and experience to challenge and advise various stakeholders, including senior leaders
- Encourage and facilitate cross-team collaboration regardless of technical disciplines
- The candidate must have extensive experience with server side Java development.
- Experience of full software development life cycle in an agile environment.
- Extensive knowledge of core Java programming (including java 8 concepts)
- Experience with object oriented development and design paradigms such as design patterns.
- Knowledge of data modelling and Transact SQL
- Experience of service oriented architecture (micro- services)
- Strong verbal & written skills required to interact with global teams.
- Highly motivated, analytical thinking individual.
- Good change management skills.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Some exposure of workflow/BPM
- Knowledge of Node.JS development
- Experience of working in Finance is not essential.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.#LI-JM1