- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 janv. 19
Java Developer # 121669
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled individual with software development and platform engineering skills to join the Developer Tools & Services engineering team. As a Java Engineer you will be responsible for helping us to develop and support the bank's developer enablement & innovation platform used by over 30,000 employees globally across Credit Suisse.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Design, develop and maintain enterprise grade Java based web applications.
- Take ownership of new features for the development platform across the full software development lifecycle.
- Identify and develop opportunities to increase automation in the bank's development and release lifecycle.
- Provide operational support for the development platform, with a view to automating and simplifying tasks, and improving scalability, reliability, performance and resilience.
- Provide technical expertise for the community and collaborate with other engineering teams across the bank.
- Partner with senior stakeholders both in the team and across the bank.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
As an ideal candidate you would have:
- Appropriate experience crafting and developing Java based web applications, ideally using frameworks such as Spring or Grails.
- Knowledge around software development tools such as Jira, Confluence, Git and SVN.
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Knowledge around building maintainable and automated tests with frameworks such as JUnit.
- Deep understanding of deploying and monitoring Java applications on Linux.
- Dedicated self-starter with an ability to own, lead and deliver projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Working within a globally distributed team.
- Experience with process automation using scripting languages such as Python and Bash, Grails, Groovy and other languages.
- Familiarity with front end technologies such as JQuery and Angular.
- Experience using Apache/Tomcat.
- Experience maintaining a large application platform with a focus on availability and monitoring.
- Good understanding of dependency management systems (Maven/Gradle/Nuget).
- Familiarity setting up large scale CI/CD pipelines.
- .Net development (MSBuild).
- Configuration management tooling such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef and Salt.
- Familiarity with cloud offerings (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud).
- Knowledge around containers and virtualization solution.
For more information visit Technology Careers .
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.