Junior Atlassian Tools Administrator
Octopus is a group of companies which invests in the people, ideas and industries that will help to change the world.
We believe that the companies serving two of our most important needs - our financial wellbeing and our planet's future - are failing. And we want that to change. We want everything we do, whether that's in financial services or energy supply, to have a positive impact on the people it touches.
In our financial services business, we care as much about the impact our investments have, as we do about the returns that we generate for our investors. We manage more than £9.1 billion* on behalf of retail and institutional investors, specialising in renewable energy, real estate, smaller company and venture capital investing.
Our energy supply business - Octopus Energy, is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. It has grown from start-up to more than 1.7 million customers over the last four years and is now the #1 rated UK energy supply business, and the only one to be recommended by Which? three years in a row.
Octopus Energy, Octopus Giving, Octopus Investments, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Ventures, Seccl Technology and Octopus Wealth are all part of Octopus Group. Visit www.octopusgroup.com Job Description
The mission of the IT team is to provide innovative and reliable technology solutions to help the business and their clients work smarter and more efficiently. The IT team has grown significantly over the last year in terms of numbers of people, systems supported, and projects to deliver. Technology is seen as the enabler to helping the company further differentiate itself on customer service as well as allowing it to grow rapidly without constraining the business.
About You We'll love you if:
You'll love us if you enjoy:
- Thoughts of Jira & Confluence support bring you happiness
- You create documentation because you enjoy it
- Jira Service Desk & Jira Software support excites you
- You dream about reporting and dashboard designs
- Application maintenance brings a tear of joy to your eye
- HOW is just as important as WHAT you do
- Timelines and requirements change, you are agile enough to facilitate that change
- You are a confident communicator, enjoy working in a friendly, collaborative, fast-paced team and are comfortable talking to people at all levels of the business
- Maintaining Jira & Confluence staging & production environments
- Taking on tasks that are outside of your comfort zone, you love a challenge!
- Passionate about delivering support and a commitment to exceeding expectations
- Data analysis - turning dirty data into a glorious source of knowledge
- System Administration for Jira, Confluence, Jira Service Desk, Jira Software
- Develop & facilitate Atlassian training courses internally
- Support of the Jira & Confluence environments, including maintenances
- Managing multiple Atlassian environment administration tasks simultaneously
- Collaborating with relevant stakeholders to improve support delivery & communication
- Monitor & report on the Atlassian environments
- Experience in the support & administration of Confluence & Jira
- Stakeholder engagement & support delivery experience
- Good knowledge of project methodologies
- Knowledge of Power BI a plus
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe
- We love entrepreneurs
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 20 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.