Tradition is the interdealer broking arm of Compagnie Financière Tradition and one of the world's largest interdealer brokers in over-the-counter financial and commodity related products. CFT is represented in over 28 countries, employing over 2,500 people.
Tradition is currently seeking to appoint a Junior Broker based within their London office.
Main responsibilities within the Junior Broker position include:
Working with international and locals banks on GCC markets. Main products FX Spot, FX Swaps, Fixed Income, NDFs, IRS.
- Trade input in RTNS and working out rates and brokerage for both.
- Match trades at the end of the business day.
- Producing date sheets for the fixing and value dates of trades.
- Liaise with clients including outside of working hours as required
- Liaise with the middle and back office to follow up any issues regarding trades.
- Check banks can face each other.
- Update screens on all platforms
- Making sure all trades are written down with accurate exact rates and inputted correctly
- Talking to other global offices (SA, Dubai)
- Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility
- Be aware of and compliant with operational risk requirements (e.g. cultural behaviour, security policies & regulatory requirements)
- Complete any mandatory training by the required deadlines
- Any other duties as required
Key skills, experience and competencies required in this role:
- Fluent English
- Advanced level Arabic language - bonus
- Previous broking experience within any product desirable - bonus
- Well-disciplined and committed
- Attention to detail
- The ability to cope and work in a highly pressured and fast environment.
- The use of mental arithmetic skills in a fast working environment.
- Reliable, self-motivated and enthusiastic person
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Works well under pressure
- Prioritising & organising Skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Problem solving
- Sales skills and ability to generate revenue
- Customer relations skills
- Hard-working and proactive attitude
- Loyal & reliable
- Previous knowledge / experience of Bloomberg / Reuters - bonus