We are now recruiting for a permanent Junior Business Analyst role at AVP level and are looking to speak to Business Analysts with Finance Transformation experience and strong data skills for our client, a reputable and highly successful global corporate and investment bank based in the City/London. The role provides a technical bridge between Finance, IT developers and the business and contributes a blend of business and accounting knowledge as well as a strong understanding of system data flows, data structures and other analytical skills.
- A Business Analyst with Finance Transformation and projects experience
- Either degree educated or someone who may be studying towards or possesses an accounting qualification and has worked on Finance or Business projects and looked at the accounting and finance impact (any kind of accounting driven project like a General Ledger implementation or a finance transformation project)
- Basic understanding of accounting principles is essential with experience working in a finance-based reporting role (management accounts, financial reporting, tax or regulatory reporting) desirable
- Experience from a banking enviroment is highly desirable (but our client will consider candidates from wider financial services)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders across Finance, business, I.T., senior management, etc.
- The team manages, contributes to, or delivers change for Finance and other stakeholders across EMEA and so this role provides additional bandwidth to achieve this.
- Ensure system change is managed appropriately and in a timely manner from a Finance perspective.
- Proactive exploration and Finance use case prototyping of reporting, productivity and other applications / tools to drive efficiency, innovation and data / reporting governance.
- Empower end users through the enhancement user documentation library and training materials curricula ensuring these reference materials are actively managed for updates.
Context of role and team/function:
- This role is part of the EMEA Finance Transformation team who are responsible for managing / supporting Finance (and wider business) change, system testing, data analysis and MI system training / documentation.
- The role will involve working with stakeholders from across the Bank within EMEA with a particular focus on working with Finance (customer stakeholder) and IT (primary collaboration partner).
- The team drives and / or contributes to business change across a broad cross section of disciplines including business restructuring / reorganisation, strategic reporting, performance reporting / management accounts, tax reporting / tax compliance, non-prudential regulatory reporting, business analytics / data modelling, system change / product evolution and financial reporting.
- Solicit / clarify and document business requirements through workshops and other facilitation techniques.
- Draft / perform system testing or overseeing / reviewing testing of others for completeness as required.
- Draft / review / update MI systems User Documentation. This may require technical analysis and collaboration with system developers to translate complex data transformations and processes into plain English which can be understood by a wide business audience.
- Perform periodic MI system user access and user privilege reviews as part of the user access control obligations as Business Process Owner (BPO).
- Perform required business analysis, data modelling and data reconciliation activities to support a wide range of stakeholders both in terms of functional roles / subject matter and also corporate grade.
- Deliver semi-automated solution prototypes and EUC tools designing and implementing appropriate systematic and / or procedural controls to provide assurance over the completeness and accuracy of the solution; Write and maintain technical and user process documentation to help describe and use such solutions.
- Proactively contribute to the evolution of PowerBI analytics and timely and accurate updates to shared dashboards and strengthening governance framework around data analytics delivery.
- Perform and direct timely UAT completion for / by Finance colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Finance change management planning and delivery activities. This will require stakeholder management both in terms of our end user customers as well as IT resource and resource managers.
- Lead and participate in project working groups and other relevant fora.
- Finance Transformation SharePoint content management: creating new content, periodic reviews and content updates as required / directed.
What is required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent vocational qualification in a Finance / Banking / Accounting or relevant IT Discipline.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles is essential with experiencing working in a finance-based reporting role (management accounts, financial reporting, tax or regulatory reporting) desirable.
- Prior experience working within Commercial or Investment Banking is highly desirable.
- Prior practical experience using LoanIQ is desired but not required.
- Prior practical experience using JIRA / Azure DevOps is desired but not required.
- Experience performing user acceptance testing (UAT) is essential; Experience drafting user scripts for you or others to performing is desirable.
- Confident working with large data sets and performing data reconciliation is essential.
- Advanced MS Excel skills / experience is essential; Practical knowledge of SQL highly desirable and practical experience using MS PowerBI, MS Teams and MS SharePoint is desirable.
- Effective communicator with experience working with remote stakeholders.
- Prior experience requirements gathering / documenting requirements is desirable.
- Practical experience / knowledge of Agile change methods and practices is desirable, particularly the ability to articulate basic system change in the form of Agile user stories.
- Knowledge of VBA, Python or other programming languages used in end user automation is desirable.
- Confidence in working both as part of a team (leading / participating) and as an individual.
- Positive and proactive in learning, accurate and methodical in delivering work and able to proactively look for opportunities to improve processes / documentation through innovation.
- Attention to detail is essential.