- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
- 20 nov. 17
Junior C# Developer
Salaire : Base + Bonus + Benefits
Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Schroders Investment group are seeking a C# Software Engineer from any industry background to work within a front office team in investment engineering. The team collaborate with stakeholders across the business including data science and quant teams.
Overview of role
Analyst Developers are core members of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single Capability aligned agile team and, while the Analyst Developer core contribution will be leading software development and engineering tasks, they also significantly contribute and analysis and testing activities. They are also responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their agile team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
General and Technical skills
Strong technical knowledge of:
• SQL (MS SQL Server 2008 or 2012)
• TDD, mocking
• WPF (MVVM, PRISM)
• Entity Framework
• SOA/Messaging (NSeviceBus)
• ASP .NET (MVC, OWIN)
• Dependency Injection
• Design Patterns
Desirable technical skills include:
• XML, XSLT
• IMS (Charles River, Aladdin)
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred)
• Experience working on front office applications
• Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of in house developed bespoke applications.
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Responsible for leading development and build tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Product Owner
• Responsible for contributing to the analysis and testing of working software required by the Product Owner
• Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system’ definition of done within agreed sprint
• Accountable for ensuring committed objectives are met
• Responsible contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
• Supporting other team members to improve their software development skills where it is their non-core specialism
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.