Junior Digital Developer M/F - Corporate and Investment Banking - London, United Kingdom
The Global and Integrated Finance Division department's aim is to add value to the Group and its business lines' development, through a transformation of our organisation and operating modes. The department provides a key contribution to the Group value creation, through our activities of strategic advisory, steering, data production and certification. We are engaged in all dimensions of performance evaluation across the Group and provide a transversal and objective vision to support informed decision-making for the management and development of the Group and its business lines.
Some of the many ways we are providing this are in the following:
- Support and challenge all business lines, at every level of the organisation
- Organise an agile adaptation to strategic and regulatory challenges
- Ensure the security and reliability of financial information through operational excellence
- General management, pillars, business lines and corporate functions, regulators, auditors, markets and investors
- Performance assessed with operational indicators and financial information
- From strategic analysis to decision-making and execution monitoring
- Transversal vision of the Group, of all business lines and geographic regions
- Objectivity and the ability to take the broad view
- As trusted advisors, we are an essential partner to the managers
International function (paths and career) and diversity
- Exemplarity in our management and our daily behaviours
- Innovation in our operation models and the implementation of digital levers
In the Financial department, the Digital Transformation Office is the entry point and the interlocutor of other Group central divisions for the deployment of instructions, procedures, projects or tools of the Group on the Financial department perimeter in UK. It provides overall coordination and implementation on the perimeter that devolves resulting transformation and reorganisation plans.
The UK Digital Transformation Office of the Financial department supports other departments in their respective missions by:
- Propose Transformation strategy and build resulting action plan
- Ensure quality project delivery
- Support internal and external clients for change the bank initiatives such as IT evolutions, process optimization and reorganizations
CONTRIBUTE TO UK Finance Digital TRANSFORMATION:
- Support the UK Finance Division teams by designing and developing end user solutions (front end to back end)
- Understand benefits behind the automation request to provide an added value for the bank.
- Identify and interact with the appropriate team to be updated with the innovation throughout the bank to bring it within Finance Division
He/She will report locally to the UK Head of Digital Office for Finance.
Summary of responsibilities: DEV
- Contribute to the delivery of digital initiatives
- Commit to the deadlines set with the manager and the clients
- Produce high quality code with documentation to facilitate maintenance and improve performance
- Apply best practices of the digital team: Git management, sprint and project follow-up, communication, UX design, re-use existing solution in priority (do not re-invent the wheel...)
- Team player by providing support to the finance teams when needed
- Use the group resources whenever it is possible (expertise...)
- Develop Data Science within Finance (Machine Learning, NLP capability...)
- Participate to the AI UK community
Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering school or University, majoring in economics/finance/digital development or related field
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English. TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Python is mandatory (Jupyter Notebook and a Machine Learning lib a plus)
- Understanding of SQL
- Knowledge in Front end dev: HTML+CSS+JS a plus but not mandatory
- VBA a plus but not mandatory
- You are proficient in Office application
The VIE assignment in a nutshell:
- Curious and passionate about tech and data science
- Willing to help end users with little knowledge in tech by proposing innovative solution relevant for the use cases proposed
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate and understand end-users needs
- Ability to analyze/handle complex issues (strong analytical sense) and propose effective solutions
- Team player, enjoy sharing information, adaptable
- Solution-focused, service-oriented and proactive
- Have a reliable professional conduct
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that your VIE mission could potentially get postponed, depending on the evolution of the health crisis and subjects to the decision made by the Crisis and Support Centre of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE). In addition, the selected candidate will only be paid upon confirmation from Business France and arrival in the country of assignment.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you're joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.