A quantitative proprietary trading fund are seeking to hire 2 x Junior Quantitative Cryptocurrency Trader’s to be a part of their global Crypto Trading Desk, one for our London office and a separate hire for our Sydney office, as our operation and the industry continue to grow. As a Junior Trader, you will work closely with experienced traders, business development teams and quantitative researchers to manage the crypto-asset portfolio and counterparty relationships. You will utilize the disciplines of risk management, research and technology to identify trading opportunities and execute crypto-asset trading strategies.
- Work with the global investment team to execute crypto trades and strategies on behalf of senior traders, portfolio managers and business needs
- Operate automated trading systems including adjusting strategy parameters.
- Manage the execution of trades across multiple exchanges and OTC counterparties
- Identify opportunities to capture alpha given macro market trends and micro dislocations
- Monitor portfolio risk at all times ensuring precision execution and compliance
- Determine ex-post PnL attribution of trading market impact and related performance
- This role will require spanning multiple global business hour time zones
- Build models and develop data-driven analysis to improve current execution workflow
- Suggest automation and improvements to systems and strategies.
- Work closely with investment analysts, research analysts, data scientists and quantitative data analysts to develop and implement optimized trading strategies
- This role is an execution-only capacity with the potential to grow to discretionary risk taking over time
Required Experience & Skills:
- 3+ years of trading experience in any linear asset class, STEM graduates welcome to apply if a strong interest in trading
- Advanced programming skills in C#, Java & Python (Preferred).
- Ability to articulate and troubleshoot trades, strategies, and systems.
- Attention to detail and precision in the execution of a task.
- Passionate about digital assets, decentralized finance and blockchain technologies
- Working knowledge of various cryptocurrencies, derivative instruments and associated trading activities and strategies is essential
- Working knowledge of crypto exchanges, trading platforms and procedures
- Professional crypto experience is not required but candidates must show demonstrated proficiency and aptitude in crypto trading
- BS/MS from a leading university in mathematics, computer science physics, or similar quantitative field. Advanced Degree Preferred.
- Strong numerical and quantitative analysis skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within a fast-paced trading environment. Experience developing and executing fully systematic strategies.
- Knowledge of common machine learning frameworks.